• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Do you have more overdrives or fuzzes?

Are you an overdrive/distortion guy or a fuzz guy?

• Total voters

vintage66

It’s surprisingly hard to tell for me because some straddle the line like the Screwdriver, Lovepedal Super Sic Tone, Double Muff, and Rat, but if I take those out I Think I’m tied at 19 each. Also didn’t count Java Boost.
What do you guys consider the tweener pedals I mentioned? I’ll add a poll to vote if you’ a fuzz guy or od/distortion guy. By that I mean what do you have more of.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
I voted Fuzz, because I love different fuzz textures. That said, I've been through a jillion ODs looking for "the one," or more realistically "the ones." I've pretty much stopped looking for drives, since I got on the Kingsley train, but I still pick up fuzzes as I can afford them.

cheapgtrs

Gold Supporting Member
25 Fuzz
15 OD
I didn't count distortion but probably in the neighborhood of 30-40
This is off the top of my head.

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
I like fuzz a lot more than OD's but OD's get the job done a lot of the time for me, and stacking mutlitply OD's can become fuzz like- I do a lot of layering of dirt as I play a song as a additive /subtractive vehicle- I don't always like the way fuzz sounds into drive's, many drives kill a good fuzz, so if I have a song I start with a drive, unless I want a big contrasting moment I tend to stack other drives with it. I do the same with Fuzz. All of this is to say that- I understand that fuzz isn't always right for every song, so I settle for drives a lot...hahaha. Sort of kidding, drives are awesome, just that fuzz is more awesome-er-er.

Last edited:

Sam-i-am

Where does the germanium big muff stand?
Its got both, which work individually...
And makes this question a lot harder than it needs to be for me to answer lol

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve never owned or played a fuzz. What am I missing out on? I actually don’t know what the difference is between them all.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
A pile of ODs, even though I only use one at a time and often use none.

Maybe I have a fuzz somewhere, that I picked up years ago.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
OD - 16.5
Fuzz - 2.5
Distortion - will be coming in the mail from Game Changer Audio in a few weeks :D

Matt Dillon

This thread has made me realize I need some fuzz pedals.
I have a cheap Orange DOD Fuzz, a Fulltone Soul Bender, and a Biyang Fuzz Star
(great budget pedal)
But I’m gonna need a real deal Hendrix Fuzz
Thanks @vintage66 !

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
more Fuzz, here, by a big, long shot.
very low on OverDrive, pretty big on UnderFuzz..... and Fuzz.

Trending Topics