Do You Know What I Mean?

Neer

Just crank it up. One of the best chart singles in my lifetime. My other favorites are Livin' For The City and Family Affair.

Killer playing on the bass pedals by Lee.

amc

Just crank it up. One of the best chart singles in my lifetime. My other favorites are Livin' For The City and Family Affair.

Killer playing on the bass pedals by Lee.
don't forget frosty on drums..............

jazzbone

Saw him and Frosty in concert with Grand Funk in 1970. He definately stole the show...Grand Funk was so loud...I mean ears bleeding loud:omg

franksguitar

I remember my one song singing lead was on a cover of Know What I Mean in the early 80's in a good band I was in then

zombywoof

Saw him and Frosty in late '69 or or early '70 with Albert King and Zephyr (with Tommy Bolin on guitar). I enjoyed Michaels but he definitely did not steal that show.

Baxtercat

Silver Supporting Member
Lee Michaels was one of the 1st to get some Boogie amps [Barry Melton of C. Joe & the Fish mighta been 1st].
[Just trying to add some TGP angle there...] :^)

Lee Michaels was one of the 1st to get some Boogie amps [Barry Melton of C. Joe & the Fish mighta been 1st].
[Just trying to add some TGP angle there...] :^)
Right! He issued a challenge to amp makers to supply him with some loud-as-sh*t amplification and set up an audition at a S.F. ballroom (Avalon?), inviting amp makers to bring their products, set 'em up, and see if Michaels could blow 'em up. I guess Randy Smith's goods withstood the test. What I can't figure: weren't SVTs around then? Were they not loud enought??! Or did he blow 'em up??

I saw him once in LA in '72 with Freddy King opening. Had not heard of King then, but was suitably impressed and terminally infected! Michaels and Frosty were deafening!!!

Trending Topics