Do you regret selling your first pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by frizbplaya, Sep 22, 2008.

1. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

I have a Boss OD-2r I got as a kid. I put it on Craigslist once but never responded to anyone who offered to buy it (I set it too low). I brought it to Music Go Round last week but ended up not selling it. I went to put it on CL again today and didn't post it. I don't particularly like how it sounds and I don't see myself ever using it, but it's sentimental I guess. Am I crazy??

2. strat68

strat68 Member

deluxe big muff, no regrets at all.

3. m.z.

m.z. "Musician" /Gear Hoarder

crybaby wah.... don't miss it at all........ but I get what you're saying.... I can't bring myself to part with my first guitars.... a lotus acoustic.... piece o' crap. and my ibanez ex series.... great tone actually... but hate the way it looks (i know, I know)

4. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

I still have my first pedal, it's over twentyfive years old. I just wish it were cool and/or valuable....

5. TerrorTwilight

TerrorTwilight Member

My first was a Danelectro French Toast. Sold it for a multi-FX pedal. Really regret that one, although I know they are pretty readily available.

p.m. me if you wanna sell one :p

6. Tito83

Tito83 Member

Marshall BB-2... nah.

7. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I bought a Big Muff when they first came out in the early '80s. I wouldn't be using it now, but I kinda wish I still had it. Probably worth a fortune.

8. JPF

JPF Member

My first effect was an original E-H LPB1 power booster, bought new back in the '70s. That gave my Silvertone guitar/Kustom amp rig enough hair to inspire me to learn the riffs and solos to 25 or 6 to 4, Heartbreaker, Aqualung, Lizzie Reed, etc.... That thing was my tonal nirvana, in the good old days before I allowed for tonehound wannabe complications to distract me. ;)

I lost it somewhere between high school, work, and college, and still miss it.

So, I guess that if you're crazy, you're not the only one.

9. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

Still have my first pedal, a boss ds-2.
    But i did regret selling my second one for a wile, a Dunlop crybaby...of course i later bought a new one and it went away :cool:

10. geetarman

geetarman Member

It was a MXR Distortion+ no regrets at all but I guess it would have been cool to have it for sentimental reasons.

11. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

Wait, scratch that!
    My first pedal was a soundtank Ibanez trashmetall.:barf1
    I so don't regreat selling it, i even forgot i ever had the dam thing!:rotflmao

12. caroy

caroy Member

My first pedal was a Ibanez Smash Box haha no regret!

13. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

my first was a Boss os-2 sold it to a friend, just saw him the weekend and the pedal was sitting on a shelf with literally a 1/8 of dust on it, kinda made me sad. I always thought it had a great sound not really sure why I got rid of it...

14. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

mine was a japanese ds-1 still have it in its orig box with markings for setti g

15. HHB

HHB Member

no, it was a terrible Morley Fuzz wah that sounded broken

16. Niblos

Niblos Member

My first pedal was a rocktek super delay in high school. It eventually died on me but it led way to a Boss DSD-3, DM-2 and a RE-201 unit that I still all use today. I made a few mistakes trading guitars along the way but somehow I managed to keep my pedals. Don't we all wish we could do it all over again?

17. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

My first pedal was a Ross distortion pedal and it was the color of a bandaid. Total junk!

18. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...

You are not crazy, separation anxiety is a common thing, especially when you add emotional issues to it. If it's an outright dog that even modification can't make it sound good, then kick it to the curb and just tell yourself you did everything to try to like it. Remember to try unothodox settings on it before pitching it.

I was that way with my Maxon SD9's (one stock & one Analogman Super modded, bought them both on the same day). I couldn't get them to sound good, but once I found out that if you turn the tone knob full counter-clockwise it was a whole new ballgame! It came alive, I then realized that sometimes the true treasure of a pedal may be hidden inside and you have to go all Indiana Jones on it's ass to find the good stuff.

TheGrooveking

19. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

My first pedal was a DOD Thrash Master and at the time I thought it totally kicked butt, but in reality it sucked big time. I can't remember whether I sold it, or just gave it away, my memory isn't clear about that. It's been that long...

20. Joses

Joses Member

A good old TU-2...still got it! (Still works!) :AOK