Do you think this FSR Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb could be a hard sell ?

Telejester

I am keeping my eye on the FSR 65 Deluxes as I dont want one with the Jensen C12k speaker, The one in the pic is a fawn FSR which has the greenback speaker as stock. I wouldnt risk an amp purchase that I could potentially be stuck with . Im not 100% sold on the colour scheme though I have not seen one in person yet. The slate grey FSR with the Celestion Redback is very much to my liking but I cant source one in the UK. What do you lot think of this colour sceme ?

There are various FSR 65s available at the moment which I dont like , the Chilewich, the fudge brown and the blue flowery one. I definitely think those would be hard sells if the owner needed to move them on. I think the wine red one with wheat coloured grill looks awesome btw.

Fender FSR 65 Deluxe Reverb Fawn Greenback

Last edited:

bigmac53

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe it's me, but I'm a little confused. Are you looking trying to find a specific deluxe with a specific speaker and color scheme based on your own personal preference or based on perceived resale-ability? Not judging either way - just can't figure out what you're after here.

If you're looking for something strictly based on your own tastes - and this one gets that close; I'd say go for it. A speaker swap is super easy to do if you needed to do it. I personally like the fawn & wheat combo; it stands out. And if you aren't gigging it you have no real worry about getting it dirty; if you are gigging, then this ain't the one.

If you're looking for potential resale; I think you're on the right track - the color combo isn't for everyone and I think it would limit (though probably not severely) your ability to sell. The one thing you seem to have going for you though based on your post is that FSR Deluxes seem to be relatively rare in your locale; so maybe that may offset the color scheme a bit?

It's a pretty sweet amp either way, so I wouldn't think of it as "being stuck with it"

Good luck in your search / purchase!

JK1965

Gold Supporting Member
I kind of like this with off white early 60’s knobs.
I don’t buy anything with the thought of resale value but I get it if that is ones thing.
I have an FSR DRRI from 2015. It’s a fantastic amp with the A Type Celestion. I also have 6L6’s in it. It’s a keeper for sure. Some may like how it looks and some won’t. All good either way.

Telejester

Maybe it's me, but I'm a little confused. Are you looking trying to find a specific deluxe with a specific speaker and color scheme based on your own personal preference or based on perceived resale-ability? Not judging either way - just can't figure out what you're after here.

If you're looking for something strictly based on your own tastes - and this one gets that close; I'd say go for it. A speaker swap is super easy to do if you needed to do it. I personally like the fawn & wheat combo; it stands out. And if you aren't gigging it you have no real worry about getting it dirty; if you are gigging, then this ain't the one.

If you're looking for potential resale; I think you're on the right track - the color combo isn't for everyone and I think it would limit (though probably not severely) your ability to sell. The one thing you seem to have going for you though based on your post is that FSR Deluxes seem to be relatively rare in your locale; so maybe that may offset the color scheme a bit?

It's a pretty sweet amp either way, so I wouldn't think of it as "being stuck with it"

Good luck in your search / purchase!
My first thought upon seeing it was great spkr but amp looks like its covered in cheap 70s wallpaper. I always buy stuff that is easy to move on if need be. The wine red with a spkr change would be just fine for me

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
I have an FSR DRRI from 2015. It’s a fantastic amp with the A Type Celestion. I also have 6L6’s in it. It’s a keeper for sure. Some may like how it looks and some won’t. All good either way.
This is the best new production Fender I've ever played. In a fit of stupidity, I put mine on consignment, and when I came to my senses a few days later it had already sold :(

JK1965

Gold Supporting Member
This is the best new production Fender I've ever played. In a fit of stupidity, I put mine on consignment, and when I came to my senses a few days later it had already sold :(
So you would fall under the liking it category. A few posts back was one who does not.
So why did you sell it if it’s the best new production Fender you’ve ever played?

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
So you would fall under the liking it category. A few posts back was one who does not.
So why did you sell it if it’s the best new production Fender you’ve ever played?
As I said, a fit of stupidity, gassing for something else, yadda, yadda.

But I have a blackfaced DR with a Type A now, so all is good.

JK1965

Gold Supporting Member
As I said, a fit of stupidity, gassing for something else, yadda, yadda.

But I have a blackfaced DR with a Type A now, so all is good.
That’s cool. I would think it would be very similar tonally with the A Type..

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
maybe if the control panel was brown, but the wine/wheat is much nicer to my eyes.

Nevets

I have one of the blue flower Princeton Reverbs. It's probably going to be a hard sell when the day comes but I love it.

Axe-Man

I think it'll look better in person. I have a faun Vox and that looks great. It does have the brown grillcloth though.

But...if I was getting a DRRI for a particular speaker, I'd just get the basic one and buy the speaker I wanted as that probably would be a little cheaper. Black is pretty classy but I'm particular to the silverface '68 model looks. A '68 with one of the '64 HW speakers would be nice.

Trending Topics