Doctors and Lawyers in Well-Known Bands

Bankston

David Andersson is a Swedish guitarist who plays for Soilwork and the Night Flight Orchestra. He's also a practicing medical doctor and holds a Ph.D.

Jon Levin has played guitar in Dokken for many years. He is also a practicing entertainment lawyer.

Any others?

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Gold Supporting Member
One of the guitarists from Blind Melon got his law degree after the death of their lead singer. Both guitarists were on a podcast last year where they talk all things Blind Melon and beyond. Well over an hour and worth listening/watching!!!! I’ll hunt it down in a bit!

Black Squirrel

Gold Supporting Member
One of the guitarists from Blind Melon got his law degree after the death of their lead singer. Both guitarists were on a podcast last year where they talk all things Blind Melon and beyond. Well over an hour and worth listening/watching!!!! I’ll hunt it down in a bit!

I'm very Interested in hearing this.

jogogonne

I'd like to hear any examples of any musicians from famous bands who went back and got day jobs ... period.

Very few people who achieve any kind of stardom and are able to make a living playing music will go back to doing a typical day job unless they absolutely have to.

Especially as something as stressful as being a doctor or a lawyer.

The Dokken guy, who I've seen, is a semi-exception, though I doubt he does law FT now. On the side is different.

You'd think the guys from bands like Toad the Wet Sprocket or Candlebox at some point would be like ... 'well, the gravy train is almost done, time to go back and get a CPA', but I haven't seen that. And I don't blame them one bit at all.

ned7flat5

Brian Cox is a professor of particle physics in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester. Played in the band D:ream who had a #1 hit in ‘94 and later with an outfit called Dare who had Thin Lizzy connections.

jogogonne

I do have one example.

John Cafferty, who is from the band Beaver Brown, who did all the Eddie & the Cruisers stuff, I heard he's a schoolteacher now. The other guys may have day jobs too, as their fame cannot really sustain them any longer full time (though I'm sure it did for a long time), but that's not really the kind of thing you advertise online if you're a famous (even formerly) musician...

M

Member 37136

Peter Garrett, lead singer for Midnight Oil, was elected for the Labor Party as a Member of the House of Representatives in New South Wales, Australia. He was also appointed Minister for the Environment, Heritage, and the Arts, and was later made Minister of Education.

HNIRxurl.jpg

jogogonne

His name is Rogers Stevens. That is a good example. Apparently, he's an associate with a big firm in Philly.

Transitioning from being in a famous band to doing corporate law. Man ... that is a big change...

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Gold Supporting Member
I'm very Interested in hearing this.
His name is Rogers Stevens. That is a good example. Apparently, he's an associate with a big firm in Philly.

Transitioning from being in a famous band to doing corporate law. Man ... that is a big change...
I lied, it’s almost 2 hours long......

Side note: If you are a general fan of the band, this is a great listen if you got the time!! It’s got lots of insight, but it’s not in a hurry, just laid back and casual!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom