DOD 250 Reissue

markw1980

I will try to make this short! Has anyone encountered any DOD 250 reissues that were made in the USA? I thought they were all Chinese for some reason.

I bought a yellow 250 in a store today that clearly says 'Made in the USA' on the box, but the construction on the inside says to me that it has to be the reissue. Any insight would be appreciated, and also, if anyone could post a gut shot of an original, that would be cool too! Thanks TGP!

Mark

object47

I've got a bunch of the real things. I don't have a gut picture handy, but I can probably help. The easiest way to tell is by how the wires come off the pcb board. If there's a multi-wire plug that connects them, it's a reissue. If the wires are individually connected, it's an original.

markw1980

Thanks! Mine does have the multi-wire plug. It also has the gigantic knobs. Have you ever encountered a reissue that was American made? Thanks for your help!

samhambone

Platinum Supporting Member
I've got a bunch of the real things. I don't have a gut picture handy, but I can probably help. The easiest way to tell is by how the wires come off the pcb board. If there's a multi-wire plug that connects them, it's a reissue. If the wires are individually connected, it's an original.
holy moley! now that is a collection

object47

Thanks! Mine does have the multi-wire plug. It also has the gigantic knobs. Have you ever encountered a reissue that was American made? Thanks for your help!
No, the multi-wire plugs were never used on the originals. Also, the knobs have two white dots for markers (no white line down the side), the "O" on the "250" is round, not oval (O instead of 0) and the paint isn't smooth (kinda like amp tolex grainy). Find one with the malaysian chip for fatter tone. If you need an OG one, you can have one of mine for $100... hope this helps!

object47

How on earth did you end up with 24 DOD 250's?
I never claimed to be sane. I just kept buying them because I think they're great sounding, american made pedals that have been undervalued for years. Plus I have a job that takes me to a lot of vintage guitar shows...