DOD Compressor 280

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by critter74, Feb 11, 2015.

1. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

So I need a light low noise compressor for jazz comping, some light clean tapping/percussive but also an occasional brick wall limiter for more extreme feedback usage etc.

Anyways- I've genray never got along to terribly well with compressors. The Diamond was nice but I didn't need it at the time. So I've been looking at the DOD 280. It seems mellow enough and quiet enough. I may buy the Diamond again but I kindnkf like the idea of the DOD RI (I used old late 70's/eay 80's DOD pedals in my early 90's Math Rock days. So there is some nostalgia to it for me.).

So what's the consensus on the new 280's? Again in short I just need mild leveling. Anytjing like a Ross or MXR is too squishy for me...

2. nateco

nateco Member

I had an original one, didn't like it.

The Xotic SP comp is hard to beat....if you've already tried the Diamond, that's really all that's left for good cheaper comps.

3. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

Get the Mooer Yellow comp. It's a clone of the diamond. It does the subtle, quiet thing really well.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Member

Sorry, haven't tried the RI, but if it is true to the design of the old one, it'll be squishy. The comp. rate is adjustable but the release is not. That said, changing out the $hitty op amp. in the orig. made a huge difference in noise level in mine.