DOD FET Preamp!

Tuberoast

Gold Supporting Member
I have had one of these for 25 years. Laying around forgotten in a drawer. I put in my chain today and couldn't believe how well it fattens things up. A poor man's Klon. No switch, you can't shut it off, but you won't want or need to. Just use the guitar vol. This is really a gem. It's a gray pedal with white graphics, no model number, just the name.

Buckshot

I bought a FX-10 BiFet on a whim & its become my fave clean booster (i've bought a BUNCH of different boutique boosts over the years!). It & the Arion SCH-1 are the only pedals I keep multiple copies of!

sinasl1

I had one of those bi-fet preamps in the 80's, it was the schizzle back then, as I remember...

missing_dave

heard some good chatter before on these....its funny at the time of posting this there were 96 views..6 replies..82 went to ebay and typed in "dod fx10":dude........i did..would love to try one..i bet there cheap too.

didnt they make a black one with a switch that was similar? couldnt find it..

rob2001

heard some good chatter before on these....its funny at the time of posting this there were 96 views..6 replies..82 went to ebay and typed in "dod fx10":dude........i did..would love to try one..i bet there cheap too.

didnt they make a black one with a switch that was similar? couldnt find it..

Thats the FX10 Bi-Fet , black with an on/off footswitch, a vol and TONE! The FET preamp is the one the OP is talking about. Just one level knob. I didn't see any FX10's on the bay and one FET that was at $150.00 buy it now!! The FX10's are getting up there in price too.

Mr Benn

i love my fx10 as much as my SHO,anyone got a guide to rehousing a DOD?
i think i'll TB mine and add a fancy blue LED,

DanD

I've got a DOD black Studio Bi-Fet 401.
Volume and tone.
Tone is more like a subtle parametric.
Had it since 1974.
Has an XLR and a 1/4" jack on output side.
Anyone got one of these?

Good luck,
DanD

rob2001

I've got a DOD black Studio Bi-Fet 401.
Volume and tone.
Tone is more like a subtle parametric.
Had it since 1974.
Has an XLR and a 1/4" jack on output side.
Anyone got one of these?

Good luck,
DanD

Never seen one but I can see where it would be cool in the studio. I use my FX10 in line on a snare sometimes to fatten it up and it sounds killer. I could easily put that 401 to use.

Tuberoast

Gold Supporting Member
OK, haow many DOD FET preamp owners out there? I see a lot of Bi-Fet, FX10 etc. The one I'm refering to is a gray with ONE level knob and NO switch

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a schematic, does anyone have one? Please??

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/v/DRA...m14/album143/DOD_201_JFET_PREAMP_VERO_001.gif

Btw, the pedal Tuberoast is talking about is the single FET version of the preamp- the 210- while the dual-FET version was originally the 410 (also lacked a footswitch, but had an XLR out) and became the FX-10. The two-stage version has about half again the clean headroom.
Also, the 210 is a close cousin of the Alembic Stratoblaster.

missing_dave

Thats the FX10 Bi-Fet , black with an on/off footswitch, a vol and TONE! The FET preamp is the one the OP is talking about. Just one level knob. I didn't see any FX10's on the bay and one FET that was at $150.00 buy it now!! The FX10's are getting up there in price too.

nice.. thanks rob...couldnt remember that model...id love to try one of those as well..like the on/off and tone etc. options..

Trending Topics

Top Bottom