Dod Fx17: Vco Info?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Squakles McGee, May 20, 2008.

1. Squakles McGee

Squakles McGee Member

Hey, I have a DOD FX17 Wah/Volume that I have gotten good results with, both as a wah and a volume pedal. However, I am interested to try out the Control Voltage part of the pedal. The problem is, I don't know what to get to use it. Do I get a VCO or did DOD make something to use in tandem with this pedal? If anyone knows, owns this pedal, or could help me out in a general way, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. webb

webb Member

3. Squakles McGee

Squakles McGee Member

Interesting, but not much on the VCF function. Anybody know if this would work with something like the Moog CP-251?

4. blood5150

blood5150 Member

It should work as a controller on any voltage controlled synth....probably the Voltage Controlled Ocillators....

I also have one but havent tried it in this fashion yet either...

5. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

I used to use this pedal as a voltage-controlled expression unit for my Digitech RP series MultiEffects unit a while back. (That was really the only reason I bought it)
    It worked OK for some functions, but the taper didn't seem quite correct. Right around 1/3 of the way up (towards the toe), it almost seemed to be all the way at 100%.

6. Squakles McGee

Squakles McGee Member

Thanks for the info All. I think I might sell it, and get a HOG and expression pedal.