DOD Grunge....30 minutes of fun!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 59Vampire, Apr 6, 2008.

1. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

picked up one of these off the bay for 20 bucks. I had a blast playing with it. Really does sound different than your normal distortion box and kills with drop d tuning due to the trmemndous bass frequencies it can generate.

Ive been on a kick for cheap run of the mill pedals lately and this does it. Now, I dont play in a band but jam with the guys every now and then so i cant say how it would perform in that situation . But this morning for 30 minutes, i put Kim Thayil and all of Seattle to shame!!!!:RoCkIn forgot to mention i got endless sustain tooo

2. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

I had a couple of those a long time ago..sorta reminded me of a big sounding fuzz pedal, but with a tighter lowend response than a typical fuzz...Drop D fun Galore!

3. kp8

kp8 Member

they sound horrible -- a veritable bees nest.

worst pedal ever.

i love them. i own 2.:crazy

hee hee

4. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

My first ever band around '96... I didn't have any pedal (or gear) at that time and all I was using was this GRUNGE pedal that the old guitarist left. That the drummer past along to me.

I wished I kept that pedal. :(

5. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

This is one pedal I've been wanting to check out just for kicks...you know, one of those buy to try things. And it's so darn cheap anyway.

Question though, does anyone know if the Digitech Grunge is the same as those old DOD Grunge pedals?

6. kp8

kp8 Member

i can't prove it, but my Digitech Grunge was different. I have had 2 or 3 of the DOD ones and the Digitech was behaved differently, maybe the buffer is different or something... I got the Digitech as a back-up to the DOD and ended up tracking down a second DOD.

The Digitech is sturdier and has a better switch. But i use the Grunge to elicit feed back and the Digitech seemed to make some kind of quasi-clock noise that the old DOD didn't.

-k

7. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

Thanks! Now I need to go hunting for the old DOD version then...