DOD is Liquidating their Entire Stock of Pedals

AlexPrice

They've been doing this for quite a while now. Two years ago I picked up the DOD Boneshaker for $30, which turned out to be an awesome low gain pedal with a full 3-band EQ. Back in December I got an advertisement stating that they were offering their 250 Overdrive and 280 Compressor for $80 total so I went for it. I figured by now they were out of everything but last week I saw even more advertisements for clearance sales.

I'm not sure how long they can keep this up, but honestly I'm just surprised that they haven't finished selling everything off yet. I'm still seeing the Phaser and Boost offered at $45 on their site and it appears that they still have the Overdrive and Compressor, but they're just not on sale right now.

[MOD EDIT]

Anyway, take this as a head's up if you're looking for something fun to try out on the cheap. I recommend saving the Harman Audio website as a favorite in your browser and checking on it every few days to see if they've started a new sale.

I filmed some playing samples of the comp and overdrive I picked up back in December:

Last edited by a moderator:

TedJames

The strange thing is they HAVE been doing this for years and never run out of pedals.

Plus they seem to stagger when and where they do it. Pro Audio Star has an unending number of Rubbernecks for $110, Pitbull has an unending supply of Polaras for $80, and then Harman’s own site has an unending supply of the $40 stuff. And then for some reason places like Guitar Center have an unending supply of these things that they are trying to sell for “list” price.

I can’t imagine this is all 5 year old NOS.

Seems less like a liquidation and more like an ongoing strategy.

If it was a liquidation of discontinued product you’d see diminishing supply - like with the Hardwire series.

So weird in this “information” age to see such price discrepancies.

Roll ups tend to make for shakey situations and monkey business that compound themselves. Seeing this type of behavior makes me wonder what the angle is here, on the surface it was a stupid purchase. Even in 2017 these brands were all dead and out of touch with the direction the consumer was heading. So many people passed on Harman. How long were they trying to sell themselves for??? Just crazy.

truckin

Supporting Member
The Phaser 201 is awesome. It's my go-to. Not as "in your face" as a Phase 90 but to me it is the perfect mix between vibe and phase.

zombiwoof

Supporting Member
I guess the implication is that they haven't stopped making the pedals, right?.
They fired all the managerial staff, as I recall, but somebody is making these things, they couldn't be all old stock.
@Tom Von Cramdo you know what is up?.
Al

Last edited:

AlexPrice

It's odd that it has been happening for so long. Maybe there's an interesting story. Anyway, imagine paying the full $200 for one of these just to find out it's being sold somewhere else for less than 30% of that price. I've never seen the Looking Glass on sale but I would love to check out the Rubberneck. Thanks for the tip on Pro Audio Star. A buddy of mine has one and it's one of the coolest designs I've seen. The FX loop is a great idea.

Anyway, lick the Cheeto dust off of your thumb and swipe past it if you don't want to watch a video.

Steve Y.

I have to say I’m curious about the phaser, but I just know its going to have the loudest bypass switch in history like the 250 and I just won’t be able to get over it.

Junco Partner

It's odd that it has been happening for so long. Maybe there's an interesting story. Anyway, imagine paying the full $200 for one of these just to find out it's being sold somewhere else for less than 30% of that price. I've never seen the Looking Glass on sale but I would love to check out the Rubberneck. Thanks for the tip on Pro Audio Star. A buddy of mine has one and it's one of the coolest designs I've seen. The FX loop is a great idea.

Anyway, lick the Cheeto dust off of your thumb and swipe past it if you don't want to watch a video.
Ooo OP just went online to call some other online guy a loser for being online! Classy.
:munch

urQuill

Supporting Member
We absolutely need to absolutely stop bothering our Tom Cram over this $hit

You want to talk to Tom, go bring up something on some interesting vintage or modern fuzz in the Strictly Fuzz thread or buy something from Spiral. Let the man put the whole Harman thing behind him already.

nowhere

How long is this going to go on? They have to run out sometime right? The reissue DOD pedals I find interesting. Since I'm in Canada however Harman won't sell to me, companies like Pro Star and Pitbull have some of the pedals on their websites but the ones I was interested in were invariably shown as out of stock when clicked on and when I go on Reverb I keep finding for example the Phasor being offered "used, very good" for $100 to $150 while Harman is having one of their $40 blow outs. End result: haven't bought a DOD pedal since the Gonkulator and Buzz Box days....

webs

Cuts both ways, friend. If you feel free to use the discussion sections to pump your videos then surely you understand others have a similar right to mention it. You can use the ignore function if it bothers you so much.

It would be really cool if folks more reliably used the demo/video forum. It seems like a disservice to both sections to fish for clicks here while ignoring a space where people actively want to watch your content.

Last edited: