DOD Pedal Sale Status 2020

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
For those who did get their pedals, did you get a separate shipping notice after the sales receipt was sent to you?

kramm47

Silver Supporting Member
For those who did get their pedals, did you get a separate shipping notice after the sales receipt was sent to you?
Yes. I got a shipping notice for my Gunslinger. I got a canceled notice for my first 280. I got a shipping notice for my second 280 but haven't received it yet. Kind of hoping for 6.

Killshakes

Picked up another 440. I have one, but for $39.99 I couldn’t say no to a back-up. It’s a total no-brainer for any one who likes EF pedals. In fact, some one should post this sale in the recent EF threads.

Tmidiman

Back in stock with 280 and also 440 Filter. Got the filter since I now have almost all the others...

Thanks twice.;)

Lets see how many I get. I wish their customer service was better and contacted me, since they already emailed about the cancellation.

RevLoveShot

I’ve never seen them do a carcosa or looking glass “blowout”. At least not in the last two years of following the pedal chase.

DrwDfDc

Was getting worried, but finally received my shipping notice today.

I also have not seen the Carcosa or Looking Glass for cheap.

kramm47

Silver Supporting Member
Weirdly, I got a follow up email from Harmon today offering me a 30% discount on anything in the store. That's enough to matter. I may do some shopping.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
I’ve never seen them do a carcosa or looking glass “blowout”. At least not in the last two years of following the pedal chase.
I've seen the Carcosa get down to 99 (maybe 95) about 15 months back.
I think the Looking Glass dropped to about 140 and 120 at the same time.

My guess is that when a Looking Glass sells, they have to pay a little royalty to Shoe Pedals,
since it was a joint effort.
... gotta love those royalties, if you can get'em.

Steve Y.

I just placed my order for a 440 pedal....I was feeling pretty good about it until I read all of the posts here about cancelled orders. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: I placed my order last night and got my tracking number today, with the shipping notice from Harman stating delivery ETA tomorrow. Sweet!

Update2: I went back and picked up a Gunslinger for $40 as well because, why the hell not. I am slowly but surely building up a complete set of the reissue DOD pedals. Might just have to make a DOD-only pedalboard for fun..

Last edited:

althekiller

Silver Supporting Member
Forgot how awesome these DOD pedals can be once you learn how the controls react to each other. I pulled my gunslinger out today that I got on a blowout sale awhile ago and was getting some great tones with it and was able to tweak it to work with a variety of amps and get some very unique sounds and some pretty good “regular” heavy rock type of tones. I have a feeling it will sound amazing live and in a mix. Earned a place on my board tonight.
Really wish I would have kept my Carcosa and Boneshaker. Hopefully they put those on sale some time in the future.

I didn’t really understand the eq on the Boneshaker at the time I had it, but now after messing with the GS I bet I could get some real useful sounds with it.

I still regret selling the Carcosa. I’ve always thought of it as a complete fuzz lover’s fuzz in the same way fuzz lovers appreciate Basic Audio pedals.

Twoinch

Just got the GS I ordered before the weekend.
I bet they had one or two so the system opened the sale back up, and once you bought yours, the system showed no stock. And cancelled the rest.

Still no email back from Harmon for me.

althekiller

Silver Supporting Member
Anything special about how the GS’s controls operate?
Not anything super special or unique but they are active eq, at least it sounds that way to me so you can get as honky midrange forward or scooped as you want. And they have a lot of range to be over the top bright or very bass heavy. They can take a minute to dial in to the amp and small adjustments seem to change the tone drastically. Once it’s dialed in though it’s a great distortion. The gain knob also seems to change the eq. The higher it is the thicker the tone gets, but I don’t find that there’s a whole lot of range to the gain knob. Luckily I like the amount and character of distortion available so it doesn’t bother me that it doesn’t have a lot of variation with the gain control. To me the gain knob is more of a fine tuning of the depth punch of the overall tone.

the recluse

I've hit these sales a few times and gotten a Carcosa, Boneshaker, Gunslinger, Gonkulator and 280. When the recent sale hit I ordered a 440, and got my shipping notice today. Looking forward to some funk.

Trending Topics