DOD Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eclipseall, Feb 27, 2012.

1. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

2. john l

john l Member

3. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

LOL!
    I have one... never thought it was worth more than 20 bucks or so..
    That's a first for me.

4. 5992

5992 Member

I think I bought a mint, boxed FX-50B for $25 from ebay a couple of years ago. Not worth much more...

5. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

haha...I figured no more than $30 bucks would be acceptable...

6. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow Member

I really like old DOD pedals and have several, but that pedal is NOT one of the good ones IMO.

7. CrackTheSkye

CrackTheSkye Member

Let me know if you wanna sell the FX65.

8. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Somebody's dreamin'! But you never know... People throw crap with ridiculous prices on ebay all the time, and sombody buys it. Just takes the right rube... With millions of potential customers, I'll bet somebody'll actually bite sooner or later.

9. G&Ljunkie

G&Ljunkie Member

Did DOD ever make a pedal that was compareable to a tube screamer or a SD-1? I have a Metal Maniac, fun to play for 10 minutes then goes back in the box for a couple years.

10. john l

john l Member

I dont believe so theyre kinda known for the 250 preamp for as far as ODs go. The one the OP is asking about is actually not that bad if you throw it down in front of an already cooking amp.

Honestly it probably wont be too many more years before the old USA DODs start getting that kind of money as theyre acutally really great pedals. DOD just changed to really flakey footswitches in that line that broke alot so the pedals were written off by alot of people as crap.

11. thewex

thewex Member

yeah that is outrageous. i have a DOD FX17 and when i was buying my replacement saw some go for around $100. but the avg is prob $50.

12. Theroyalconsort

Theroyalconsort Member

Well I have a 201 phaser thats really nice

the FX65 chorus has a warmth a slight grit that lends itself well to some types of music

the filters (FX25/44(0/2 i cant remember)) show up alot and are cool.

some people like the Bad Monkey but its really not my sort of pedal so I cant comment.

Like all manufacturers they have some good pedals and some that just pad out the range.

13. Bar-B-Kill

Bar-B-Kill Member

+1 I have an FX-90, FX-10, both early versions and mint, under $50
    also have a 401 Phasor. That one was a little more $ 75 . All are great pedals! :dude

14. guitkrazy

guitkrazy Member

I think we all have had our experiences with DOD pedals- back in the 80's (preboutique days) DOD & Boss were probably the most popular. That being said I believe those prices are a bit inflated. while I still have many in my collection, I don't use them anymore. I will say that American Metal (3 knob one) really sounded good back in the late 80's. Also the BiFet Preamp pedal they had was really good for leads & boosting

15. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I hear ya. Probably the first or second pedal I ever got. The only pedal I have kept 20+ years later.