DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay

Motherfuzzer

Stay Negative!
Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys, I also recently acquired a Rubberneck.
This is my first analog delay. Is it normal to have actual distortion following each repeat?
I know analog delays are supposed to have muddier repeats but I am getting a distortion sound between repeats. It is especially prevalent on an effects loop. Is this what it is supposed to do?

Trotter

So, what are you guys using in the loop of your Rubberneck?

Last night I tried the following: Micro Flanger, Skreddy Phaser, RAF Compressor, Ghost Echo and a Jauring Luxury Boost (which sent the Rubberneck into oscillation pretty quick)!

I want to try a wah next...

El Phaco

Not tried with the Rubberneck, but i used to place a Chase Tone Secret Preamp, or even a TS9 set to a slight boost into the loop of a DMMTT and it sounded killer.

Ramblin390

Got to say, I bought the rubberneck for a grab at a blowout price delay, this thing sounds great and very versatile. No distorted sounding repeats or problems powering with the older black mxr dc brick. It will be my main delay. Personally like it better than the el cap or carbon copy. Can't beat the alter ego for versatility, but the rubberneck sounds better and ez to tweak.
Board is a mess moving stuff around.

Seance

Got to say, I bought the rubberneck for a grab at a blowout price delay, this thing sounds great and very versatile. No distorted sounding repeats or problems powering with the older black mxr dc brick. It will be my main delay. Personally like it better than the el cap or carbon copy. Can't beat the alter ego for versatility, but the rubberneck sounds better and ez to tweak.
Board is a mess moving stuff around.

With that tangled thatch of wires it looks like Spagett payed a visit to your pedal board.

I kid. ;)

I actually don't even have a pedal board, I have a stir-fry of pedals tangled in spaghetti wires.

Not Orange

Last night I tried the following: Micro Flanger, Skreddy Phaser, RAF Compressor, Ghost Echo and a Jauring Luxury Boost (which sent the Rubberneck into oscillation pretty quick)!

I currently have a Zoom MS70 CDR for up to six simultaneously effects. :banana

But I just got my second Rubberneck so tonight I'm going to put each in the others effect loop.

images

oildrops

Surprisingly, my Rubberneck doesn't work (lights up, looks like it's working, but dry signal just passes through) when powered by a dedicated generic WallWart that's 9v DC and 500ma.

The adapter works fine with tons of other things, but there's something about it that the RN doesn't like.

No complaints, just an observation confirming the Rubbernecks are definitely persnickety about the power source and specs, as others have said.

And here I am with my rubberneck daisy chained with two other digital pedals and it's working fine.

Love the pedal, only complaint is the somewhat narrow sweet spot before it oscillates and starts clicking. Wish I could have the gain and tone a little higher to match the sound I used with the echopuss, which could get bright compressed and gritty repeats.

realmacaroni

my fav thing ever in a delay loop is the ph-3 on the rise/fall/step settings

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
Mines awesome all around, but the tap ratio switch doesn't seem to work. I've never been a tap tempo user, but I wonder if there's ribbon cables involved that may be loose? I haven't opened it yet, I understand it's pretty tight in there

Great delay though

Trending Topics

Top Bottom