Does a parchment pg match Fender Aged White?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Matt L, May 7, 2015.

1. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

I have some Fender Noiseless pickups with aged white covers. They really look weird on a white guard, imo. Would parchment match better? Pics please, if you have them.

BTW, I can't easily swap the covers to white, because the Noiseless versions are different. They only seem to come in Aged White these days.

2. Tomo El Gato

Tomo El Gato Member

Parchment is off-white. Not creamy like the aged white, but darker, and to me nicer than regular white. It will look good with aged white pickups. Mint green is another common option.

3. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

Yeah, I just found a mint green w/aged white picture, and it looked better than parchment.

4. Judas68fr

Judas68fr Member

I've been in the same boat as you are last year and went for a mint green pick guard. That's the best choice if you are looking for that "50 years old UV aged" color. I had a few at the time, and the best was the Fender one (I don't remember where the other 2 were coming from but they were actually green, whereas the Fender really is a nice aged white).

5. Telechamp

Telechamp Member

I put a parchment guard on my '83 Tele a while back.

[​IMG]

6. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

Guys, I'm talking about the Aged White covers on my Strat pickup covers. I'm trying to find a pickguard color that matches them better.

Here's what I have....the pickup w/Aged White cover, a bright white Allparts pg, and a Fender '62 reissue white guard that seems to be darker. That one matches better, and I may go with it. I was just wondering if parchment or mint green would be even closer to matching the pickup cover. It is more cream-colored-

[​IMG]

7. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan Member

Mint green and aged - yepers!

[​IMG]

8. onemoretime

onemoretime Member

I've bought aged white covers from Fender before. Unless something has changed recently, they are indistinguishable from the parchment. I have a brand new, in the bag Fender parchment guard w. back plate if you want it. $15 shipped.

9. o0Ampy0o

o0Ampy0o Member

Like having a green thumb some people manage to take such great pictures of guitars.

The mint looks like an off white in the photo but overall.......looks nice.

10. rabbuhl

rabbuhl Member

Fender American Standards Stratocasters come with a parchment pickguard and aged white pickup covers and knobs. Fender American Deluxe Stratocasters come with a mint pickguard and parchment pickup covers and knobs. FWIW, parchment covers and knobs are more yellow than aged white. With a white pickguard stick with either aged white or white.

Here my HSS Stratocaster with a parchment pickguard and aged white covers and knobs.
    [​IMG]

Here my HSS Stratocaster with a mint pickguard and parchment covers and knobs.
    [​IMG]

Here my HSS Stratocaster with a white pickguard and white covers and knobs.
    [​IMG]