Does a Tone Pros AVR-II Bridge have extra intonation adjustment over ABR-1 ?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Rock Fella, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

I had my gtr checked over by my tech and he told me my ABR-1 bridge is incorrectly placed by about 1mm towards the rear of the guitar , solutions are find a ABR-1 replacement with longer saddle travel or move the bridge forward.

I was reading about the Tone Pros AVR-II which is a drop in replacement, the literature onsite edroman site says there is increased intonation travel , has anybody seen one of these bridges and could confirm this, if so, about how much extra intonation travel is there ?

thanks for any help

jimmy

2. Giraffecaster

Giraffecaster Member

i bought one thinking it would be superior to the gibson. on the bottom is the marking for gotoh. so it's little heard but basically they take a gotoh bridge, drill and tap for the grub screw, mark up the price a whole bunch, and sell it with advertising.

3. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

spoke to a dealership in uk, apparently it only offers about 1mm over an ABR-1 , guitar is off to master luthier to correctly relocate the bridge by the error margin....................damn :mad:

4. levelfrets

levelfrets Member

Uh... they are actually a Ping bridge

5. skylabfilmpop

skylabfilmpop Silver Supporting Member

you can reverse the saddle on a gibson bridge to gain extra intonation range and it doesn't require a master luthier to do so!

6. Giraffecaster

Giraffecaster Member

for some reason i was thinking gotoh and ping were one in the same. i stand corrected.

7. Koa-Dogg

Koa-Dogg Supporting Member

Couldn't you go up a size in the strings to bring the intonation back into range?

8. bobbymack

bobbymack Supporting Member

+1, but there is some extra saddle travel in the TonePros as well...