Does a typical LP wiring absolutely need a selector switch?

viper jazz

So I ended up wiring this up somewhat on a whim, essentially following a Jazz bass diagram and eliminating any tone knobs whatsoever. So far, so good.

I dig the sound--need to tweak it a bit w/ my rig (or tweak the rig a little) but I'm liking the simplicity.

So now that there's a gaping hole in the Tele plate just waiting to be filled, I'm thinking a series/parallel switch.

I'd basically blend neck/bridge pickups w/ volume controls, and then run them series or parallel.

Soooooooo...anyone have an idea how that wiring would be set up? Is it complicated? (to start with I think I have to ground the neck pickup's cover on a separate ground wire, yes?)

honeyiscool

So I ended up wiring this up somewhat on a whim, essentially following a Jazz bass diagram and eliminating any tone knobs whatsoever. So far, so good.

I dig the sound--need to tweak it a bit w/ my rig (or tweak the rig a little) but I'm liking the simplicity.

So now that there's a gaping hole in the Tele plate just waiting to be filled, I'm thinking a series/parallel switch.

I'd basically blend neck/bridge pickups w/ volume controls, and then run them series or parallel.

Soooooooo...anyone have an idea how that wiring would be set up? Is it complicated? (to start with I think I have to ground the neck pickup's cover on a separate ground wire, yes?)
What kind of hole are we talking about? A blade switch?

viper jazz

What kind of hole are we talking about? A blade switch?
Actually, no--this particular control plate has two holes for pots, so I'm thinking a 2 way switch or even button (?) in the 2nd hole (there's a concentric pot in the first one, controlling the vol of each pickup).

Trending Topics