• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does anybody else have strange work habits?

Rich Rice

Wow. I just worked for 22 hours straight. Now it's time to get up and work- sanding and shaping overnight has taken its toll on my hands, I can barely hold the sandpaper right now.

I tend to do this from time to time, get an idea and work through it until I can barely see straight. I must be completely nuts... :messedup

Then again, I will likely take a little nap in a couple of hours and start in where I left off. I wonder if I'm alone in this strange behavior, or if there are others who get so wrapped up in building that they forget to eat or sleep..

My wife doesn't get it, she's always on a regular schedule. Sheesh..

Rich Rice

LOL.. One nutcase to another- Good morning! I made it to 24 hours straight! I just dozed off in time for my wife to wake me up so I could get her coffee ready.. Now she went out to work and I'm awake again.. Unbelievable.. Guess I'll go shape a headstock, as long as I'm up.. ;)

anyone

Yeah, I'll come home from my day job and work late into the night and then wonder why I'm so sore... We used to have a yellow lab that would spend all day trying to pick up a brick - he'd tear up our lawn just going nuts on the fact that he couldn't grip the thing in his mouth to carry it off... They say people are like their pets.

I'm happy my wife understands my obsessive nature.

K-Line

Vendor
Long days no. I realized long ago that mistakes happen past 10 hours at a time. I prefer to run 7 days if need be to meet deadlines. One who has no work-life balance is not usually a pleasant individual. I learned this in my formal life, clawing my way up the ladder. Burn out after 15 years.....

Rich Rice

I run 7 days when necessary, but occasionally get a bug up my butt to get to the next step. I came down with an awful cold yesterday, and took some Advil cold and sinus medicine.. Couldn't sit still for five minutes. Not a deadline, more like nervous energy and a desire to see how the current project works out.. I'm taking it easier today, but still getting stuff done as I am able. ;) I hate being sick..

scott

Silver Supporting Member
I use to work hours like that.....sometimes it'd start at 8pm and work until 7am. I'd be going to bed when people were getting up. I did that for bout a year then finally I did an all day/nighter just to get back to normal. Like Chris I've found that working more than 10 hours just makes me screw things up. A stupid mistake can set you back a day or two......might as well just stayed in bed.

Trending Topics