Does anybody know what happened to Lovepedal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Jack Deville of Mr. Black also collaborated on some of the delays and reverbs, and I think both he and Alf worked on the 60s Reverb Nailed It! that came out in the final SNSs.

Yup, I've heard that, too! I'd guess Alf was more hardware and some software and Jack mostly software. Either way, the palette expanded way beyond rehashed COTs and Eternities that were his stock in trade before Alf.

ArtDecade

Silver Supporting Member
I have no idea where all these rumors come from, but I am shocked at the level of prying into someone's personal life.

Oh well.

The sun will likely come up tomorrow.

You're up tomorrow. I need to know your favorite color and the last meal you ate.

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
Most of the digital pedals: delays and reverbs, were designed by Alf. Then Sean would tweak and release a different version or two... But the Spring, for example, was Alf. Then tweaked into two or three versions. So, without him, way less variety-just variations on drives and chorus.

Yes, the core Hermida pre partnership pedals were Hermida designs. Pretty sure the reverb was already in existence before the partnership. Since the earliest version was pretty primitive, I wouldn't speculate whether Hermida saw the need to invest his ideas in subsequent "official" versions though it is obviously possible. The delay did come a little later though. It seemed influenced by a Deville layout as did later reverb models. Though that may have been coincidental I do recall Mr Deville was supposedly in the wings on some LP efforts. If I had to guess...

There have been a lot of variations of the dirt pedals in particular. It is usually, but not always, the variations that showed up on sales. And the variations that seem to me to not be Hermida mods. Just kind of a hunch I admit. No doubt the core Hermida designs are solid and I hope they continue to be available. And while all is subject to taste, I never found a variation that added sonic value to the original design.

Auk

Gold Supporting Member
I have no idea where all these rumors come from, but I am shocked at the level of prying into someone's personal life.

I'm with ya. Shocked, disappointed, and yet, no surprised. If the internet has given us one thing, it is the ability to take a peek into matters that just is none of our damn business. Now, we can see it, copy it, and make it a matter of opinionated discussion.

Basement_Builder

Silver Supporting Member
Dude... Stick to gear talk.

ahh, yes, a practical explanation about why someone may not be responding to you right away is completely out of line. Whew. I know I sure wouldn't want someone to tell me something that may make me less angry and a little bit more patient. Really kills the entitled angry jones that's so popular these days.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, the core Hermida pre partnership pedals were Hermida designs. Pretty sure the reverb was already in existence before the partnership. Since the earliest version was pretty primitive, I wouldn't speculate whether Hermida saw the need to invest his ideas in subsequent "official" versions though it is obviously possible. The delay did come a little later though. It seemed influenced by a Deville layout as did later reverb models. Though that may have been coincidental I do recall Mr Deville was supposedly in the wings on some LP efforts. If I had to guess...

There have been a lot of variations of the dirt pedals in particular. It is usually, but not always, the variations that showed up on sales. And the variations that seem to me to not be Hermida mods. Just kind of a hunch I admit. No doubt the core Hermida designs are solid and I hope they continue to be available. And while all is subject to taste, I never found a variation that added sonic value to the original design.

I agree, I've owned a bunch of Zendrives in various flavors, but its the one I bought from Alf in 09? that's stayed on my board the whole time!

jjhookemup

I just hope I get to see another SNS with all the excitement and anticipation. I really enjoyed the fun of it and community with it. Great fun! Loved checking my phone though out the night and morning to see what might be up for a deal...and not to mention it was fun to drink with.
I hope it works out for everyone.

305Boss

My Dr Z amp DIED :(, blew a capacitor.
I couldn't read the numbers on the capacitor.
So, I contacted Dr Z asking what the spec numbers are, since I can't find any schematics on the Maz 18.
They contacted me 2 weeks later telling me they will PROVIDE the specs when the Corona Pandemic is over.
:eek::confused:
Some companies reaction to covid has been ridiculous. The eyeglasses I got last August broke (a warranty defect issue, not carelessness) the week my optometrist shut down. Not a single person in the office to handle customer calls and issues. Having on person in the office poses zero risk of transmission. It took me three weeks to get a copy of my prescription so I could order a new pair from an online company. I'm an essential worker and had to get by with an old prescription that was really not effective.

AprioriMark

As a total aside, I have avoided lovepedal stuff because the couple I tried seemed *meh*, there were 876,413 versions of each pedal at varying price points, and everyone I ever saw rent or rave about them creeped me out. I don't want my gear catching the soul herpes.

-Mark

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I find it strange that some folks are perplexed that because they’ve had impeccable customer service that it’s surprising someone else could have subpar service. Nobody is perfect 100% of the time. Live long enough and it will become clearer.
I’ve owned over 50 Lovepedals over the years. Still have most of them and they are flawless.. And are used all the time...had 1 go in for a repair/mod cause it had to much gain.. Came back 2 weeks later, no charge... Sean is going through a tough time . Please cut him some slack. I do hope he takes care of all the repairs first......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom