Does anybody like V necks ??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DANOCASTER, Oct 18, 2008.

1. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

and I dont mean sweaters :rolleyes:

I was going thru my "stock" inventory for upcoming builds and I have a chunky hard V to C rosewood neck ( tele )

My question is this - everybody who has ordered a V neck wanted it to be a soft V. So , if I build a tele for sale w/ this hard V to C neck - will anybody want it ??

this neck smoothly morfs from a hard V ( .86 ) to a full C (.99 ) - 9.5" radius and 6105 frets

please chime in w/ your comments and thanks ahead of time for your contribution to this thread

2. Big White Tele

Big White Tele Member

3. MSS

MSS Member

Count me in too........I have a strat with soft V which feels great and also a telecaster with more of what you describe, hard V but contours down to a C. Both great feeling and playing necks.......I didn't think I would like them but they are comfortable for my hands!

4. shane88

shane88 Member

sounds cool to me

5. jetlag

jetlag Member

Depends on how hard the V is. Are we talking like a fender CS 10/56 neck or like an old Tokai Springy Sound guitar from the 80s? I really like the amount of V that the typical 10/56 fender CS neck has or softer. Too hard of a V is pretty uncomfortable. Lately, my ideal spec neck is flatsawn, soft V to C, 1-11/16" width at nut, 0.880" at first fret, 0.96 to 1.0" at 12th fret, 7.25 to 9.5" radius with anything from 6105, 6150 or 6100 type frets. If I want rosewood I would prefer lam board but a slab wouldn't be a deal breaker. BTW, big fan of your work.