1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Does anybody like V necks ??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DANOCASTER, Oct 18, 2008.

1. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

and I dont mean sweaters :rolleyes:

I was going thru my "stock" inventory for upcoming builds and I have a chunky hard V to C rosewood neck ( tele )

My question is this - everybody who has ordered a V neck wanted it to be a soft V. So , if I build a tele for sale w/ this hard V to C neck - will anybody want it ??

this neck smoothly morfs from a hard V ( .86 ) to a full C (.99 ) - 9.5" radius and 6105 frets

please chime in w/ your comments and thanks ahead of time for your contribution to this thread

2. Big White Tele

Big White Tele Member

3. MSS

MSS Member

Count me in too........I have a strat with soft V which feels great and also a telecaster with more of what you describe, hard V but contours down to a C. Both great feeling and playing necks.......I didn't think I would like them but they are comfortable for my hands!

4. shane88

shane88 Member

sounds cool to me

5. jetlag

jetlag Member

Depends on how hard the V is. Are we talking like a fender CS 10/56 neck or like an old Tokai Springy Sound guitar from the 80s? I really like the amount of V that the typical 10/56 fender CS neck has or softer. Too hard of a V is pretty uncomfortable. Lately, my ideal spec neck is flatsawn, soft V to C, 1-11/16" width at nut, 0.880" at first fret, 0.96 to 1.0" at 12th fret, 7.25 to 9.5" radius with anything from 6105, 6150 or 6100 type frets. If I want rosewood I would prefer lam board but a slab wouldn't be a deal breaker. BTW, big fan of your work.