Does anybody make Suhr FX link cables?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by woodie, Jun 2, 2015.

1. woodie

woodie Member

I have cobbled together a couple that seem to work, but I'm having trouble finding the perfect cable/jacks to do these and mine are pretty chintzy. I have a D11 Switch Dr. that is going to handle remote switching of a koko reloaded and riot.
    I would love it if I could just find someone who could make me a few quality cables in the 2 styles I need, instead of me doing a hack job on a cheap radio shack 1/8" cable.
    Thanks!!

2. datriani

datriani Member

I bought a coiled 1/8 cable from best buy ($16 complete rip off but I was desperate) and used it with a low profile 1/8 to 1/4 TRS converter. Not ideal but it works but would like to see/hear about other solutions as well.

3. woodie

woodie Member

Or at least maybe some help in sourcing some quality parts to build the cables I need...

4. Gonzo71

Gonzo71 Member

I seem to recall John posting a link for exactly what you're after sometime ago over on the Suhr Forums.

5. Shakkal

Shakkal Member

There's no audio signal going through that cable so you just need something that won't break, don't go buying high end audio cable, gold plated plugs or the like. Places like Redco have what you need. Best-tronics might have the actual cable already or can maybe build it for you (http://btpa.com perhaps one of these http://btpa.com/3.5mm/ ).

6. woodie

woodie Member

I'm actually in touch with BPTA about this. I made some low-budget ones that work for now, but I had to buy a cheap 3.5mm cable and solder the other end, which is fine, but I would just like something a little sturdier without having to buy parts from multiple places.

7. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

If you can solder, it is really quite simple to make and you can use your choice of plugs. I personally prefer using Neutrik plugs for these, their right angle 1/8" plugs are solid.