Does anybody use the Boss RC2 loop station?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by big jilm, Dec 25, 2009.

1. big jilm

big jilm Supporting Member

I'm thinking of getting one to use for songwriting. What do y'all think of this pedal? I have the 1 button boss footswitch I can hook up to it, whatever that does! Experiences?

2. bseamus

bseamus Member

I have one and I use it for working on riffs and in live contexts for ambient drones. The drum machine part I thought I would never use, its very limited, But i found myself using it when working playing thru changes and basic grooves.

3. big jilm

You do use it live? I was hoping to do the same. Glad to hear it can be made to work in a live setting!

4. bseamus

bseamus Member

I used a dd-7 live, with it limited looping function, for drones, but had a hard time getting more rythmic parts to work. I bought the RC-2, and much easier to use live because of quantization. The RC-2 has 11 memory slots, so I have saved many of the drones we use live for quick recall. Although, it lacks the features of many other loopers it has been a good replacement. That has been my experience.

5. CitizenAudio

CitizenAudio Member

I love it. The only small sized looper that also has drum beats on it. Pretty sick unit.

6. big jilm

I'm picking up one tomorrow - really looking forward to trying it out in my power trio!