Does anyone gig with their Blues Jr?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by scott757, Nov 27, 2017.

1. IM4Tone

IM4Tone Member

It's impossible to answer this question in absolute terms. It's all about the stage volume of your group and the loudest member. Having said that, I've used mine frequently to gig and like it very much. It's been converted to a head (all original electronics) to drive an 8 ohm 2X12 cab with WGS Reaper HP and Retro 30....always mic'd so as to keep stage volume reasonable and allowing the PA to do the heavy lifting. Great sound with and w/o pedals IMO. Not as 'pristine' clean as Fender 6l6 and 6v6, but I like 'near edge' of breakup.

No457 Snowy likes this.
  2. That70'sbro

That70'sbro Member

Was a semi-regular at a bar where they usually had Friday night jams. Space of maybe 400-500 sq ft. On a small elevated stage (a foot or two high) guitarist was playing Strat into a Blues Jr combo along side drummer and bass - nothing miced except for vocal. Was astonished how well the Jr hung in with the bass & drums.

3. MartinPiana

MartinPiana Supporting Member

+1 on the C Rex. Never a headroom problem with a sax (miked)/bass/drums/congas unit jazz funk unit, small clubs and smaller outdoor gigs. Kept plenty clean.

4. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com Silver Supporting Member

I played with a very popular tribute band once. They had all this amp eye candy...all of them were playing out of miced pro jrs. The back line was for looks. I think the Pros sound better as well, but get Em cranked and they are mighty nice. Even miced though, with a full band, I'm not sure I wouldn't want at least a 12. In smaller venues cranked they do really well.