Does anyone have any unfiltered line out amp wav files?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by reaiken, Jan 23, 2012.

1. reaiken

reaiken Member

I'm testing some speaker simulator designs and I need some raw, unfiltered line out or speaker out wav files (or mp3 or other, I can convert them). Ideally, distorted guitar tones are best, as clean tones don't show up differences in speaker simulators as well as distorted tones. I'm looking for something that you would expect to sound good coming out of a Marshall 4x12 cabinet.

Give me your best, buzzy, horrid sounding direct unfiltered files. It doesn't have to be much, just a few chords or some short lead noodling would be fine. Keep it down to just maybe 10-20 seconds, as anything longer makes it more difficult to switch back and forth for comparison. Anything from an amp line out or Hotplate or other attenuator line out would be fine. I'd make my own files, but I haven't got my recording rig set up in the new building yet. Besides, I'd like to have some different amps for comparison with the circuit.

Even better would be the direct out wav and a mic'd 4x12 wav of the same clip so I can compare the simulator with the real thing.

In return, I'll post some before/after files of different simulators for everyone to rate.

Thanks!

Randall Aiken

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. hearmecrybaby

hearmecrybaby Senior Member

most line outs are cabinet simulated to begin with. If you're doing this with a tube head, you'll need a load box or an attenuator set to max.

3. reaiken

reaiken Member

True. I need raw line outs (some people have Marshalls modded with a slave out to drive another head,or some heads have a 1/4" preamp out that is unfiltered), or an output from something like the THD hotplate, which provides an unfiltered line out.

RA

4. mach90

mach90 Member

I migt be able to help

I can certainly send you wave files for Marshall MGP9001 pre-amp
    a soldano clone and Sansamp PSA 1.1 pre-amps all with no cab sims of that would help
    plus I can also output some of the amp sims in the gt pro if you want as well

5. LensOfMadness

LensOfMadness Member

If you give me a day or so I can get you a few samples. I've got an ADA MP-1, a Marshall JMP-1 and a Blackstar Artisan 100 I could get the direct signals from. I'm a little disappointed now that I can't get a direct signal from my Super Reverb. Oh, I guess I also have a Mark III for a little while that I could do too.

6. MrTAteMyBalls

MrTAteMyBalls Member

I have a whole bunch.

I just did a couple of songs with this signal chain:

Guitar>Dr Z Z-28>weber mini mass>presonus firebox>reaper>recabinet

I could strip off the recabinet part pretty easy and send you the tracks straight out of the weber mass.