• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does anyone have both a D-15M and a 00015-M?

still.ill

I love the sound of my D-15M, but sometimes feel its a little bit too loud when strumming. Yet when I go test 00015-M's, i always miss the bigger sound and less bass... I feel like If I have both I'll always end up preferring one over the other

DanR

I prefer a dreadnaught for strumming and a smaller body for fingerpicking. If you mainly strum, I think you probably would prefer the 'D' over the other if you had both. Or not ;)

tammuz7000

I have a D15. Try some Martin fx phosphor bronze lights on it. Mine sounds great with them but is not loud compared to my HD28. It can get lost in a jam because it can't keep up with other dreads.

Jeff Scott

Put the D in its case for a while and just play the 000. Adjust to its better balanced tone (fact :aok :D) as you are currently being swayed by the tone of the D (Dark Side) :banana

Irving Pye

I love the sound of my D-15M, but sometimes feel its a little bit too loud when strumming. Yet when I go test 00015-M's, i always miss the bigger sound and less bass... I feel like If I have both I'll always end up preferring one over the other
If you mic a 000-15 that'll fix the quandry. But.....I found the 000-15 got lost in the mix playing with other strings .....

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Lately when I go into a guitar store and try guitars, the 000 15M is the only one that calls to me... Yes, more than guitars 3 and 4 times the price.

I want one. Bad.

still.ill

If you mic a 000-15 that'll fix the quandry. But.....I found the 000-15 got lost in the mix playing with other strings .....
Probably won't be using it to play with a bunch of other instruments... more so I don't have to sing as loud when songwriting. Live in a apartment and a bit shy about singing too loudly.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
When I bought my 000-15M I considered getting a D-15 at the same time. I prefer the sound of an 000 guitar but I jam regularly with a bunch of other acoustic guitars and it gets lost in that setting.
Still, I love my 000-15M.

Irving Pye

Probably won't be using it to play with a bunch of other instruments... more so I don't have to sing as loud when songwriting. Live in a apartment and a bit shy about singing too loudly.
Then I'd say go for it. Mine was a 2008, tone beyond tone. Old Honduran hog
before Sipo and Sapelle became Martins go too. Unless you like 1 11/16 nut and 2 1/8 spacing, I would look into the LA Guitars custom sized nut and spacing.

still.ill

That's the thing... for some reason the D-15M i test out in stores always feel a little bit more roomy in terms of string spacing than the 00015-m,
but they have the exact same 1 11/16 and 2 1/8 spacing specs.

Jeff Scott

My custom Martin 000/OM-18 has 1 11/16 and 2 1/8 spacing and it feels great, to me. But, I can adjust to various specs pretty easily. I have 4 and 5 string basses, and some other guitars with differing specs.

Trending Topics