Does anyone have both a D-15M and a 00015-M?

still.ill

I love the sound of my D-15M, but sometimes feel its a little bit too loud when strumming. Yet when I go test 00015-M's, i always miss the bigger sound and less bass... I feel like If I have both I'll always end up preferring one over the other

DanR

I prefer a dreadnaught for strumming and a smaller body for fingerpicking. If you mainly strum, I think you probably would prefer the 'D' over the other if you had both. Or not ;)

tammuz7000

I have a D15. Try some Martin fx phosphor bronze lights on it. Mine sounds great with them but is not loud compared to my HD28. It can get lost in a jam because it can't keep up with other dreads.

Jeff Scott

Put the D in its case for a while and just play the 000. Adjust to its better balanced tone (fact :aok :D) as you are currently being swayed by the tone of the D (Dark Side) :banana

Irving Pye

I love the sound of my D-15M, but sometimes feel its a little bit too loud when strumming. Yet when I go test 00015-M's, i always miss the bigger sound and less bass... I feel like If I have both I'll always end up preferring one over the other
If you mic a 000-15 that'll fix the quandry. But.....I found the 000-15 got lost in the mix playing with other strings .....

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Lately when I go into a guitar store and try guitars, the 000 15M is the only one that calls to me... Yes, more than guitars 3 and 4 times the price.

I want one. Bad.

still.ill

If you mic a 000-15 that'll fix the quandry. But.....I found the 000-15 got lost in the mix playing with other strings .....
Probably won't be using it to play with a bunch of other instruments... more so I don't have to sing as loud when songwriting. Live in a apartment and a bit shy about singing too loudly.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
When I bought my 000-15M I considered getting a D-15 at the same time. I prefer the sound of an 000 guitar but I jam regularly with a bunch of other acoustic guitars and it gets lost in that setting.
Still, I love my 000-15M.

Irving Pye

Probably won't be using it to play with a bunch of other instruments... more so I don't have to sing as loud when songwriting. Live in a apartment and a bit shy about singing too loudly.
Then I'd say go for it. Mine was a 2008, tone beyond tone. Old Honduran hog
before Sipo and Sapelle became Martins go too. Unless you like 1 11/16 nut and 2 1/8 spacing, I would look into the LA Guitars custom sized nut and spacing.

still.ill

That's the thing... for some reason the D-15M i test out in stores always feel a little bit more roomy in terms of string spacing than the 00015-m,
but they have the exact same 1 11/16 and 2 1/8 spacing specs.

Jeff Scott

My custom Martin 000/OM-18 has 1 11/16 and 2 1/8 spacing and it feels great, to me. But, I can adjust to various specs pretty easily. I have 4 and 5 string basses, and some other guitars with differing specs.

Trending Topics