Does anyone have experience with the Iron Sounds fx loop kit?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Ted Witcher, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

Curious about this DIY fx loop...

2. Trout

Trout Member

Looking at the website, and more importantly the schematic and instructions, It Looks like a decent unit that is easy to implement.

I have read several threads about them over at ax84.com and elsewhere, all of which were positive.

At least it is true bypass meaning when not in use it should not suck to much if any tone. Lead dress and switch quality will be important to keep any potential ambient noise.

3. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

4. BillyJoeJimBob

BillyJoeJimBob Member

If you mount the power supply board any distance at all from the main board, I'd suggest tacking a .1uF ceramic directly across pins 4 and 8 of the op-amp on the back side of the circuit board with leads as short as possible. Heck, I'd probably just do it anyway but I'm a weenie that way.

5. destructo

destructo Supporting Member

I'm also interested in this. Anyone tried it and can comment on how difficult it is to install? How does it sound, is it really transparent?

6. candh

candh Member

Yes, they are very good loops. I have one in a D'Lite and had one in one of my 18 watters...worked fine but not at all necessary in an 18. The price is right, too. I haven't posted there in a long time but check out the Brownnote D'Lite forum for a few details.

7. WesKuhnley

WesKuhnley Member

Looks pretty cool, but the Op amps are elevated above ground, necessitating a bunch of DC decoupling...

8. destructo

destructo Supporting Member

Could you explain what that means?