• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does anyone have experience with the Iron Sounds fx loop kit?

Trout

Curious about this DIY fx loop...
Looking at the website, and more importantly the schematic and instructions, It Looks like a decent unit that is easy to implement.

I have read several threads about them over at ax84.com and elsewhere, all of which were positive.

At least it is true bypass meaning when not in use it should not suck to much if any tone. Lead dress and switch quality will be important to keep any potential ambient noise.

If you mount the power supply board any distance at all from the main board, I'd suggest tacking a .1uF ceramic directly across pins 4 and 8 of the op-amp on the back side of the circuit board with leads as short as possible. Heck, I'd probably just do it anyway but I'm a weenie that way.

destructo

Silver Supporting Member
I'm also interested in this. Anyone tried it and can comment on how difficult it is to install? How does it sound, is it really transparent?

candh

Yes, they are very good loops. I have one in a D'Lite and had one in one of my 18 watters...worked fine but not at all necessary in an 18. The price is right, too. I haven't posted there in a long time but check out the Brownnote D'Lite forum for a few details.

WesKuhnley

Looks pretty cool, but the Op amps are elevated above ground, necessitating a bunch of DC decoupling...

Trending Topics