Does anyone have experience with this type of roller saddle?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Deed_Poll, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll Member

[​IMG]

They look pretty good and appear similar in design to the StewMac "golden age" roller bridges and the tonepros roller bridges. Tonepros don't sell their saddles separately and I wanted to put the saddles on a locking intonatable wraparound not a standard TOM.

All the ones I can find seem to be made in China or Korea, I'm looking to retrofit a Pigtail wraparound bridge so I have the option of using the Maestro trem or stringing it up as a hardtail.

Are there any better options out there?

Cheers!

2. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

Why do you want a roller saddle in a wraparound bridge? They don't sound very good in my experience. Graphtech saddles would be a better option IMHO.

3. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll Member

Hi Mike,

The plan is to use it with a Maestro trem so I have the option of using the trem or the hardtail. So it's a kind of compromise situation :)

4. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

Too much compromise in my experience. Those import rollers are not high tolerance. I had a roller nut once that would slap back and forth on bends that drove me nuts. I finally found one that worked for that application. I had the same experience with a roller bridge years ago and swore them off.

The Graftech saddles are very slippery and don't rob your guitar of tone.

5. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

Agreed, Roller bridges are a Tone Sponge. They never sound good.