Does anyone have Voodoo V-Plex clips?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by anti-flag193, Jan 13, 2006.

1. anti-flag193

anti-flag193 Member

The clip on the voodoo site sounds awesome. Does anyone have a clip, or would be able to make one? Thanks.

2. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

What kinds of tones are you looking for? I might be able to throw something together for you this weekend if you are still interested...

3. nitro

nitro Senior Member

Im very interested in the voodoo v plex my main concern is can it achieve the old van halen tone like off the first album..

4. scottosan

scottosan Supporting Member

According to trace, it's not his take or tweak of an old plexi, but rather built to old plexi specs.

5. jimdog

jimdog Member

sorry slightly off topic: are voodoo stock amps available anywhere now? looking for a hex, wd or vplex....

6. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Trace has been talking about setting up distributors for awhile, but I don't think it's happened yet.

Another thing, those amps are all pretty different; if you like the Witchdoctor, the V-Plex probably won't have enough gain for you.

7. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

The one I heard would definately. The amp was amazing but just too loud to play in my house and would drize my wife crazy.

8. anti-flag193

anti-flag193 Member

hey that'd be awesome if you have any time. I'm looking for big thick chords, something aggresive with good clarity. Thanks

9. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

Im very interested in the voodoo v plex my main concern is can it achieve the old van halen tone like off the first album..

We'll be the first ones to tell you that we are not marketing this as being able to nail the early VanHalen tones. For most players the V-Plex will achieve those tones but as many EVH fans are very hard core we are not prepared to say it will "nail" those tones to the "T".
    With that being said Eddie use a variac, etc (I know it's been covered here many times--ha, ha). If you really want to get closer to that tone then I would recommend going with a custom made PT (power transformer). It gives you the same voltage as when you set a variac to 90V but you do not run the risk of shorting the heater supply.

Hope it helps
    Trace

10. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

According to trace, it's not his take or tweak of an old plexi, but rather built to old plexi specs.

You are 100% correct my friend :)

Thanks for posting
    Trace

11. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

The one I heard would definately. The amp was amazing but just too loud to play in my house and would drize my wife crazy.

We'll be launching a new website in a handful of days with the following updates;

We also offer the V-Plex in a Post Phase Inverter Master Volume models for a slight up charge :) The panels also reflect this (has Master, Volume, etc.) We also have 25 watt models available and are shipping! They are the exact same amp but have 6V6's. The OT's (output transformer) primary is adjusted for use with 6V6's. These are also available as Master Volume models as well.

Have a great day
    Trace

12. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

Hi Trace;

Is the cutsom PT for the V-Plex II? I know a while ago you guys were going to release a second V-plex.

13. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

Hi Trace; Is the cutsom PT for the V-Plex II? I know a while ago you guys were going to release a second V-plex.

The PT is available for the regular V-Plex series :)

Have a great day
    Trace