Does anyone here run a second, special effects pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zekmoe, Feb 15, 2015.

1. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I just got an EH C9 organ pedal to goof with, and it got me thinking about a second, special effects pedalboard. Maybe the organ pedal (s), a synth pedal, some other wacked out stuff. Not lots but 3-5 items on a separate board that I could send to another sound path, be it a PA or powered speaker. Not running it along with the main guitar sound which is mostly Vox AC's with a variety of distortions, compressors and drives.
    Would you split the signal and maybe run the OUTPUT of the second board to a volume pedal? So as to mix it live into the more snappy guitar sound? I'm looking for opinions on this. More for fun than practicality, but most of the bands/jamming I've been doing has been 3 piece, and another sound might be the ticket to inspiration and filling out the spectrum.

2. MetalGuitard

MetalGuitard Member

I started this board for an ambient experimental project that was gonna be all clean guitar. Originally it was just gonna be one level. I had the materials and wanted to see how a 2 level version would work out so I went big. The bottom level is all the special FX. Eventually I decided I had to fill all that space so I started adding drives. At some point I'll be adding 2-3 expression pedals. 1 for the Moog and 1 or 2 for the M9.

Of course I had to add multicolor LED lights for the trip to outer space...

[​IMG]

Prior to this monstrosity, I had built an all Zoom board to add some craziness to my Boss GT-100.

[​IMG]

3. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Do you run an output of the pedalboard to a volume pedal to control the mix?

4. MetalGuitard

MetalGuitard Member

That was my plan. I was gonna try the Moog as a pseudo Wah because the filter on it is pretty wild and then use 2 expression pedals on the M9, one for overall FX mix and another for things like delay time/feedback.