1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know what brand of power tranny is used in a fuchs lucky 7?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by ZiggY!!, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ZiggY!!

ZiggY!! Member

Apparently they have a primary tap for 120 & 240volt operation. I am wanting to rewire mine to run off 240volts.

The output tranny is clearly marked as a hammond but the power tranny only has FATP-L7BJ21 & 9960519 markings.

Does anyone know anything about these? Or perhaps have the wiring diagram for them that they received from Fuchs?

I know its a long shot...

I've tried emailing Andy, but my guess is he is a very very busy guy.

2. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Here's the setup:

Connect black/blue and black/white wires together and tape them up, the remaining wires (2) are the AC input wires. Currently the amp is wired for a parallel primary, and you'll be switching it to series wired windings. Rebias as long as you're in there.

Sorry for the delay, I was afk for a couple of days.

3. ZiggY!!

ZiggY!! Member

no probs Andy...

Thanks a million :dude

4. ZiggY!!

ZiggY!! Member

Done done and done...

very straight forward and worked like a charm. It also gave me a chance to use my new bias rite... gee its a great gadget! I reset it to 40ma as mentioned in the manual... It is running an EH 6CA7. It has a huge bottom end, perhaps a little too much for my old 1970's greenback to handle... I think i'll change it to an EL34.

thanks again Andy!

5. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

You can push that bias up a lil to like 50 or 60 if you wish. It will increase clean headroom and makes the grind a little sweeter. 6V6's run nice at 40 ma in that particular amp (since the B+ is like 350), the EL-34's seem to really shine when running a little warmer. (in best Aussie accent) Enjoy mate.

6. ZiggY!!

ZiggY!! Member

Excellent! I'll give it a try...

Thanks! :dude