Does anyone know what happened to Pedalman?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Droptop, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Does anyone know what ever happened to Pedalman (Ronan)? Last I had heard he was very ill, but never heard further. Hope he's alright.

2. starfish

starfish Member

I thought Pedalman was John Landgraff, one and the same. No?

Isn't this the same guy that sold vintage effects for years and years at Pedalman.com and via mailorder, then he built the Pedalman 818 OD before using his name, Landgraff. Am I getting 2 people confused?

3. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

Well, Landgraff's first name is John, and the "Pedalman" above is named Ronan. So yeah, you're probably getting people mixed up..

4. starfish

starfish Member

:rolleyes: But you can't really say for certain, can you?

5. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

Landgraff made the Pedalman 818 pedals for someone 1st then did his own thing,might have been that dude Ronan IDK.

6. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Pedalman was one of the first vintage pedal dealers on the internet. He had the first version of the Landgraff DO, under his name. I think he was based out of New York, but then he disappeared. Hence my concern. I hope he is alright.
    Paul

7. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

I think I met pedalman once in about 1996 at a guitar show... isn't he a french guy?

8. starfish

starfish Member

Yeah this explains it. The Pedalman 818 was the first Landgraff. I also remember buying several vintage pedals from "Pedalman." I didn't realize they were 2 different people. I always figured it was the same guy selling pedals (since the early 90's when I bought via mailorder), right through the first Pedalman pedal and Landgraff. Interesting.

9. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Pedalman was Romain Bidaut, a French guy. He did sell the 808 clone made by Landgraff. I have not heard from him in years either.

10. steve2505

steve2505 Member

The pedalman is Romain Bidaut who resides in Paris. He sells on ebay as foxyguitars.

He is alive and well as I spoke to him on the telephone only tonight!