Does anyone know what the JangleBox is based on?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by EagleDo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Mothman

Mothman Member

EagleDo, why not an EQ? Lots of good options there, and pretty easy to boost specific treble frequencies. Personally, I tried the Boss unit and found it to be incredibly noisy when boosting anything. I've also used a Barber Barb-EQ, which is less noisy and pretty flexible.

With the attack control dialed back on the JB, the effect can be subtle enough, I guess, and you still get the focused high end. I'm just guessing you might get more play out of a straight EQ.

2. rsm

rsm Member

I have an original JangleBox, my main guitars are Rics, and I use the JangleBox as a tone variation with my Vox tube amps. I also heard it was based on the Roger McGuinn Ric signature 360/12 compressor circuit, which as some stated was based on another circuit, etc. All I know is I dig how it sounds with my Ric + Vox setups.

3. cauger

cauger Member

I owned an original Janglebox and recently considered picking up another one. Instead, I went with an Analogman Bicomprossor with the Ryck toggle option and am completely satisfied; plenty of jangle on tap!

4. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

Can't really go wrong with an Analogman offering. This much is true.

5. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Yeah, with the new Ryck toggle I can't see any reason to own the JB

6. Mothman

Mothman Member

Price, maybe? I picked up my JB used for less than a hundred bucks.

I sure would like to try the RYCK toggle BiComp, though... I wasn't aware of it until reading this thread.

7. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Member

Ugh, why did I have to see this about the Ryck toggle. Now, I'm gonna have to have one. Seems to be exactly what I am looking for!