Does anyone know where I can get a pine telecaster body

hdiddy

Silver Supporting Member
I am Jonesing to try a pine tele any suggestions where I can get one
Thanks
H

dirk nixon

It's not considered a tone wood, probably because it's so soft. I'm sure someone has tried it at some point in time and determined that it sucked.

Why are you jonesing for such wood my friend?

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Bruce Bennet(sp?) can make you one and posted a thread about one he made a few months back on Harmony Central.I've never dealt with him personally but it seems his credits include being involved with the design of Warrior guitars before a falling out of some sort and making effects,amps and guitars.IIRC the name of his company is Bennet Music Labs and he posts regularly on HC.Fender did a big bucks limited run of replicas of the original pine tele prototype(?) some years back.

OK,here is a link with the correct spelling:
www.bennettmusiclabs.com

erksin

You could probably get Warmoth or USAGC to do one in Pine.

There are supposedly a few '50s Pine Teles around. Are you going to put a solid finish on it?

Ogre

Greg V has one that Fender made, and I really dug it, when I checked it out a few years ago.

TeleTubby

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a pinehead.:D I've built one to sell, got a body sitting beside me to finish, and also own one of the CS Pine Esquires. In my searching, I just came across this place today...Glendale Guitars...and we've traded a few emails back and forth. Seems like a pretty good guy. You'll have to decide if his prices are inline with the product he sells- I think so. Hope this helps and let us know what you end up building!

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
There is a seller on Ebay glendaleguitars that seems to do pine bodies.
Not sure if they have a regular website.

Trending Topics