• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does anyone make a good tweed Fender Twin plugin?

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
I'm playing a production of a broadway show from the 1950's and it's begging for tweed guitar tones. I see tons of tweed deluxe plugins, but this is more on the jazz side of things and calls for a fuller and cleaner tone. A high powered tweed twin would be perfect, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Anyone know of one?

barhrecords

Not a plugin, the Fractal AxeFx just added a model of Keith Urban's #1 1959 Tweed Twin.

It's in firmware 19.

oldhousescott

Gold Supporting Member
Positive Grid BIAS Desktop has a tweed Bassman model. That would get you in the ballpark, especially with all the tweakability it offers. Pair it with a Deluxe or Twin cabinet/IR and you should be close.

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
Hmm... I'm sure the AxeFx model sounds good, but I don't think I'll pay for an entire AxeFx unit just for that.

I've already got something in the ballpark with the S-Gear Custom '57 and RedWirez 2x12. I was really hoping for an actual tweed twin amp. Guess I'll just have to make due

jerryratpack

Platinum Supporting Member
Try all the free plug ins you can , amplitube has some nice fenders and you can try before you buy, but also try the other major brands ( most have a trial time or period ) you might find what you need that way.

I can't testify to any one particular plugin, but bias, amplitube fender and just amplitube free ( in the room ) presets, can't remember if its twin or bassman sound fantastic.

oldhousescott

Gold Supporting Member
If you're already using S-Gear, I would recommend adding a few of the Rosen Digital cab IRs, like the AC30, the Blues Deluxe, and maybe the Port City Wave or Budda Superdrive. Rosen has S-Gear specific formatted files as part of the IR download. Really great IRs without any weird resonances.

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
Cool, I'll check those out. I haven't done too much experimentation with IR's yet, but maybe this is a good reason to start!