Does anyone make a height-adjustable ABR bridge?

Rock Johnson

Does anyone make a Gibson-style bridge (either ABR or Nashville) that's height-adjustable? Obviously the thumbwheels set overall string height, but there's no way to easily adjust the radius at the bridge, a la Fender bridges.

I've done some research and haven't ever seen one, so... anybody?

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
Not that I know of. That design would have to vary from the original ABR-1 pretty significantly.

justonwo

...the ABR is designed to work 'with' the Gibson 12-inch radius fretboards, so if you're using it on something else, then you create your own problem.
That being said, they are rarely properly radiused from the factory.

walterw

there are several versions of tune-o-matics with height adjustable saddles, some of which even lock the saddles down after adjustment.

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-tunematics-gb-2585-010,Product.asp

to me, it's a bit of a solution in search of a problem, as regular bridges can be radiused to match the guitar just fine by judicious filing of the saddle slots, and as a general rule, bridges with less moving parts sound better than bridges with more.

Rock Johnson

there are several versions of tune-o-matics with height adjustable saddles, some of which even lock the saddles down after adjustment.

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-tunematics-gb-2585-010,Product.asp

to me, it's a bit of a solution in search of a problem, as regular bridges can be radiused to match the guitar just fine by judicious filing of the saddle slots, and as a general rule, bridges with less moving parts sound better than bridges with more.
Awesome. I hear you about the judicious filing, but you have to admit that a simple turn of the allen wrench is much simpler and, most importantly, reversible.