Does anyone make a humbucker that will fit in a P90 slot ?

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
not that i know of...but if you fancy mini-humbuckers, they will fit in a P90 route if you use the rings they make for mini's..

a good mini can sound killer...and it might look kinda cool on an SG...

trpullen

EMG makes 4 different ones.

Rio Grande has the BabyBucker.
BYHB-C.jpg

I am sure there are many others.

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
...... such as on a Gibson SG Classic?

Before you buy anything, you may want to take off the pickguard and see how much space was routed out for the pickups. There's a chance you might have room for full-sized humbuckers and would only need to buy a new pickguard.

I know many Fenders are routed for humbuckers under the pickguards. Maybe Gibson did the same?

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I don't really comprehend the question! You're kidding right?

But also TV Jones makes some of their pickups in a P90 size.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Great! thanks for the info.

I like the P90 tone, but have two SGs both with P90s. I'll have to measure to see what the dimensions are.

Quarter

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Pete Biltoft / [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vintage Vibe Guitars makes a soapbar sized HB
[/FONT]

rog951

Silver Supporting Member
I've got some cream-colored DiMarzio humbuckers in my LP Deluxe that "look" like they'd fit a P-90 route. Wanna buy 'em? I'm gonna put some Antiquity mini-hums in there one of these years.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I've got some cream-colored DiMarzio humbuckers in my LP Deluxe that "look" like they'd fit a P-90 route. Wanna buy 'em? I'm gonna put some Antiquity mini-hums in there one of these years.

As I understand it the LP Deluxe rout is the same as a P90. The rings are what make the standard minis fit, as Esoteric Pete pointed out, and as the pic posted by trpullen shows. (Though as some have said, some minis are made that size without the rings.) I've definitely seen Deluxes with aftermarket P90's that appeared to have dropped right in.

tfunster

Gold Supporting Member
I have an SG Classic which I am thinking of putting humbuckers in, and it appears that the cavities are big enough for them, but I haven't taken any measurements.

amc

Jason Lollar makes an incredible mini-hum.

I put a pair in my Collings 290 (splittable with push-pull pots)

Fantastic pickups

Trending Topics

Top Bottom