Does anyone make a paf/single/single pickguard for strat?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
it will be called "hum/single/single", or "h/s/s", not "paf". every pickguard company makes them.

FuzzOff

Well that's what I thought, ordered one and got a H/S/S with rounded edges. I found terrapin guitars who list the PAF option on their site, so I"m good now.

Bob V

Confused - I can't think of any distinction between PAF and any other dual-coil side by side humbucker (other than the obvious difference that a real vintage PAF is worth a few grand). Wouldn't any humbucker mounting ring or pickguard cutout be sized to fit a Patent-Applied-For humbucker or it's progeny? Not sure what you meant by "rounded edges." Anyway Warmoth makes pickguards to order from a pretty large selection of materials and their tortoise shell is pretty sweet.

FuzzOff

Confused - I can't think of any distinction between PAF and any other dual-coil side by side humbucker (other than the obvious difference that a real vintage PAF is worth a few grand). Wouldn't any humbucker mounting ring or pickguard cutout be sized to fit a Patent-Applied-For humbucker or it's progeny? Not sure what you meant by "rounded edges." Anyway Warmoth makes pickguards to order from a pretty large selection of materials and their tortoise shell is pretty sweet.
If you'll notice in this picture, it's rounded on the edges. So it basically fits any uncovered HB, but not perfectly rectangular pickups. I bought sight unseen and didn't realize there would be a difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-FAT-Stra...ryZ41424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RvChevron

Allparts and Chandler also sell what you want in many different colours and materials. Warmoth also.

Bob V

Do you have a Dremel tool and a small-diameter sanding drum? You could trace the sharper corner on the back of the pickguard using a mounting ring as a template and shave away a bit of plastic in the corners so a covered humbucker will fit. Come to think of it, all you really need is a round file to remove the material and a small dowel with sandpaper wrapped around it to finish the job. Quick work and the guard you already have won't go to waste.

Trending Topics