Does anyone make a stereo boost or EQ pedal?

guitarman3001

Just curious to see if there's anything out there like this.

I found a stereo boost pedal called the Chameleon made by Lizardbreath pedals.

Are there any other options?

I'd prefer for it to be no bigger than a regular sized pedal. Right now I'm using a TC Spark so if there's anything similar to that, it would be even better.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I believe the ZVEX SHO has 2 outputs, not really stereo but just dual outputs. There's not really anything to "make" stereo about an increase in volume/power

guitarman3001

I believe the ZVEX SHO has 2 outputs, not really stereo but just dual outputs. There's not really anything to "make" stereo about an increase in volume/power
Right, but if you're running a discrete stereo signal and want to keep it that way along the entire path, a stereo boost pedal would come in very handy.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
It's just dual output, no stereo input. Methinks you'll just need to use 2 pedals then

It would be a pain to build one, mostly due to the switching. Using a 3pdt switch you'd need to drop something like the LED to keep 2 separate signal paths and keeping it true bypass. If you don't mind having a separate switch for each side, it wouldn't be too hard, you could even use a dual ganged pot to have 1 over volume control.

guitarman3001

This is the one I came across.

http://www.lizardbreathpedals.com/#!product/zoom1bpu/1457310561/chameleon-stereo-clean-boost

The Chameleon Stereo Clean Boost is based from the classic LPB-1 booster circuit but has been modified to have a separate gain control for a fuller range of tones from purely clean to overdriven territory. This pedal is ideal to place after your digital stereo effects pedals to give an analog warmth or to gently distort your sound in true stereo. No other pedal out there provides a dedicated true stereo analog boost. You may also plug a single patch cable into the L/Mono jack and your signal will come out of both Left and Right outputs, which will be useful for a chains of effects setup in parallel.

I emailed them to find out if it's true stereo with completely separate signal paths for each channel.

guitarman3001

How about a BOSS LS-2
that looks way too complicated. I heard back from the Lizard pedal guys. Looks like it will do exactly what I'm looking for. Here's their reply -

"The stereo boost is two discrete boost circuits. There would be no crossover between the L and R."

Cost is roughly $100 shipped. 2 to 3 week build time.

Xylenz

The EHX LPB 2ube is a stereo/dual mono tube preamp with the ability to chain them into mono. It gets glowing reviews (pardon the pun).

Last edited:

Barnzy

Silver Supporting Member

I am also looking for a true stereo boost. The one I am leaning towards is the Maxon DB10. One small enclosure with two separate and individually voiced circuits...separate ins AND outs. Check it out to see if it will suit you. I have not played one so can't comment on that, but sure looks good on Youtube.

Last edited:

dealmaker

I am also looking for this style of pedal - so I can boost (in the loop) a pair of Heads I am running in stereo simultaneously.

In an ideal world I would get a TC Spark pedal - as I like the switch arrangement on that (dab it one for most to stay on - or keep your foot on it for boosted phrases) - but they only do a mono version.

Xylenz

There is one little known secret about the Source Audio One Series pedals. All of the distortion pedals contain a 4 band Parametric EQ... in true stereo. And they are highly programmable with presets. I have been trying to encourage them to make a stereo compressor with the EQ and boost capabilities. Ask and ye shall receive.

Trending Topics