Does anyone make this guitar?

tnipe

Wondering if anyone makes a strat-style guitar like this?

HSS, wood-mounted
Roasted maple neck
A thin, fast neck (my favorite neck is a PRS pattern thin)
No Floyd Rose!
Separate tone controls for the humbucker and the single coils
Vintage white finish
Doesn't need to be cheap

Any suggestions, or maybe go custom/warmoth?

80s Squier for reference:
qrgfkghcbuosgh5cgo5x.jpg

Last edited:

erniecaster

Hi,

sure...

And PRS makes something like that:

Birds seem to be expensive.

;-)

cu

erniecaster

tnipe

Hi,

sure...

And PRS makes something like that:

Birds seem to be expensive.

;-)

cu

erniecaster
Fiore has been on the radar, but the volume knob is so close to the humbucker! I can't play a regular strat without modifying the pickguard to move the volume knob further away. I'm one of those weird people who rests their pinky below the bridge pickup while picking fast.

tnipe

Just checked out the Fiore in a shop, neck is too fat, and the volume knob to close the humbucker for me. But otherwise great!

jsboswell

Silver Supporting Member
This is what I've been thinking as well! But figured it's pretty pricy, more than a regular Suhr.
It is more than a regular production model, but not much so. It doesn't look like your specs are all that radical (i.e. expensive). Definitely worth investigating, and the finished product will be phenomenal. Here's a picture of mine for reference. I was going for an 80's Charvel vibe (like the Charvel I owned back in the 80's!) but with Suhr options and quality. I was not disappointed!

Suhr Full.jpg

tnipe

It is more than a regular production model, but not much so. It doesn't look like your specs are all that radical (i.e. expensive). Definitely worth investigating, and the finished product will be phenomenal. Here's a picture of mine for reference. I was going for an 80's Charvel vibe (like the Charvel I owned back in the 80's!) but with Suhr options and quality. I was not disappointed!

View attachment 624913
Awesome! I love their pickups as well, so that's a plus. And their silent system for single coils is pretty cool. But I think you have to order through a dealer? Suhr dealers are pretty sparse around here, and I'd have to try out the neck pattern beforehand.

jsboswell

Silver Supporting Member
I ordered through a dealer many states away. Had some conversations with Juhn Suhr (he is @Husky on TGP) in advance of the build, and the neck he recommended was exactly what I was after.

Gclef

Fiore has been on the radar, but the volume knob is so close to the humbucker! I can't play a regular strat without modifying the pickguard to move the volume knob further away. I'm one of those weird people who rests their pinky below the bridge pickup while picking fast.
I was and still am a pinky rester like you.

It's strange. I remember hitting all sorts of controls back in the day.
Mostly the strat volume knob and the selector switch.
I built a warmoth tele and put a gidson 3 way on it in the strat switch location and would hit the thing all the time. Well, I never hit it these days.

And I still anchor my pinky from time to time.

You will get used to it after a while, just like anything else. Don't let this little thing prevent you from getting an otherwise perfect guitar

BlueWolf

Mutations Expert
Platinum Supporting Member
I would think that the Fiore was probably closest to your requirements, but you’ve ruled it out. I‘ve looked at several other three knobs strat variants, and they all also had a knob close to a pickup. You therefore are probably going to have to go the route of a custom build. I’m not sure which of these companies will do custom builds, but they all make top drawer strat clones, so it can’t hurt to ask: Xotic, MacMull, Suhr (which you’ve already mentioned), Vigier, Friedman, and Tom Anderson. You could do your own custom build via Warmoth as you said, but in order to move the third knob away from the pickups I would think that you’ll have to do a custom route and get someone to make you a custom pickguard, although you could go sans pickguard as in your original photo. I think that moving that third knob away from the pickups is going to be your biggest challenge.

tnipe

Seems Charvel makes some guitars that fit the bill, if I forgo the two tone knobs. Not familiar with their guitars though.
highlight_char_2839413721_overview.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom