Does Anyone Run Chorus and Flanger in Paralell?

Title says it all. Instead of stacking modulations, the signals are effected separately, then blended. It would sort of look like this: -<>-

What would you use to achieve this? Would you want to achieve this? I'm thinking of it because I want to be able to run stereo outs on both my Moog Chorus and Flanger, into the amp, which would look like two -<>-, one right one left.

LSMFT6

We brake for nobody
Gold Supporting Member
I'm running a Boss PH-1r and TC Corona in an LS-2, very cool results. Almost starts to sound synthy with dirt going into it. Not quite the same as chorus and flanger but it's worth a try.
They are pretty similar effects though (the TC does a fine flange sound, somewhat common in most choruses), might be harder to nail down than, say, chorus and phaser.

Doing it in mono is much cheaper than stereo, remember. The LS-2 can't do stereo and I can't think of many similar pedals that can (not a stereo guy though)

Squatch57

I use a Wounded Paw blender and often have my Frost Bite flanger on one channel, phasers, envelopes, chorus on other channels
Not stereo..but I have two of the 3-channel WP blenders and could do it ;)
Maybe two Boss LS2's would work good for stereo as well...but you' d have to hit 2 switches..no biggie

AVATSV0h.jpg

158zFjph.jpg

Last edited:
A Pigtronix Keymaster will also accomplish this! I personally used this with a flanger on one side and a chorus on the other. You could set the ratio between the two with the knob or with an expression pedal, and I really enjoyed the tone! It was a unique modulation, but because it was parallel, it didn't get overbearing like they do in series. But, that being said, don't expect a super obvious difference. Because it is in parallel, it won't hit you in the face with how different or stand-out it is. Subtle is a good word, but subtly unique might be a better description. Hope that helps.

I use a Wounded Paw blender and often have my Frost Bite flanger on one channel, phasers, envelopes, chorus on other channels
Not stereo..but I have two of the 3-channel WP blenders and could do it ;)
Maybe two Boss LS2's would work good for stereo as well...but you' d have to hit 2 switches..no biggie

AVATSV0h.jpg

158zFjph.jpg
That's a neat idea. I'll consider wiring schemes with two LS-2.

Also, sexy pick tin. Who exactly are the Brain Police?

A Pigtronix Keymaster will also accomplish this! I personally used this with a flanger on one side and a chorus on the other. You could set the ratio between the two with the knob or with an expression pedal, and I really enjoyed the tone! It was a unique modulation, but because it was parallel, it didn't get overbearing like they do in series. But, that being said, don't expect a super obvious difference. Because it is in parallel, it won't hit you in the face with how different or stand-out it is. Subtle is a good word, but subtly unique might be a better description. Hope that helps.
Sounds inticing. I'll definitely have to try it, and maybe with the Keymaster. I already own a Philosopher King, Envelope Phaser, and Echolution 2. Why not another Piggy?

I'm running a Boss PH-1r and TC Corona in an LS-2, very cool results. Almost starts to sound synthy with dirt going into it. Not quite the same as chorus and flanger but it's worth a try.
They are pretty similar effects though (the TC does a fine flange sound, somewhat common in most choruses), might be harder to nail down than, say, chorus and phaser.

Doing it in mono is much cheaper than stereo, remember. The LS-2 can't do stereo and I can't think of many similar pedals that can (not a stereo guy though)
I like synthy sounds. I might try it first in mono, and branch out from there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom