• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Does anyone supply a loaded circuit board...

Chris Scott

...for an AB763 (in this case BFSR)?

Converting a UL 70w SR, and it would definately be a time saver. Looking for just a basic deal - doesn't have to be loaded w/ unobtainium-based doodads, just your basic orange drop type of affair is more than adequate.

I checked the Hoffman site, and was suprised to see nothing available, as I could swear he had something like this on offer.

TIA!

phsyconoodler

He just sells parts.
You will not like the hoffman board as far as ease of wiring it in.He came up with his own layout which is quite different than the Fender layout.Not a good choice for ease of installation.Some people like them because they are quieter than some.Proper lead dress is just as quiet.

Try Total-tone.Martin Newall in Toronto Canada.The best board I've ever seen.(905)472-6394.
I can also do one for you.There are lots of other guys too if Canada is too far away for you.

Chris Scott

Thanks man. I've got 4 other builds going at the moment, and this is just a time-saver kinda deal.

I looked in the Mojo catalog, and didn't see one, but as I am currently ordering half a dozen transformers (plus a couple tweed bassman cabs) from them to mule back down here, it would be nice to do some one-stop shopping...

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Why not tame that UL circuit? I have the same amp and had a friend mod it for me and it's really versatile and has the best reverb of any amp I've ever owned.

Chris Scott

Thanks bluesy - more cool stuff on offer.

After coming to my senses, and seeing what people are charging for the thing, I'll just wire one up - don't need the pots, and I've got pretty much everything in stock save for the board, which is a mere $15 or so on top of my now astronomical Mojo order...

...and thanks for the thoughts Mike9, but this thing is just too damn loud for starters - he's had it for years, never gigged with the volume past 2, and since he's got a nice set of Neos in it not being used, well we figured why not just...;)

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I can dig that - I had a triode/pentode switch put in mine and never use the pentode mode. The master volume actually works now and with reverb on both channels I can jumper, or Y cable into both channels and dial in some nice tone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom