Does anyone use both outputs of their Launch Pad into both channels of their BF?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Jan 14, 2008.

1. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

just wondering if anyone uses each of the outputs of their barber
    launch pad, into each channel of their blackface fender?

2. gratay

gratay Member

I've been wondering about this also.
    If anyone knows the advantages of doing this as opposed to just using channel 2 it would be welcomed.
    Is there much difference in the sound that can be produced or is it just a confusing exercise in balancing the EQ on both sides.?

3. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

The Barber website says it gives you a much fuller, richer sound. Certainly sounds like an interesting experiment.

4. Faderjockey

Faderjockey Member

Will help you to drive both channels like a marshall. But the Launch Pad will keep you from having phase issues.

5. wopr

wopr Member

Resurrecting the thread. I've got a launch pad coming, and I'd more explanations and some pics if possible.

6. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

You can build a reverse phase cable and daisy-chain the two channels and see what it sounds like...

7. wopr

wopr Member

So, I'm just trying to understand how it work. From the launch pad, two cables go out into the Normal and Reverb channel, and they play simultaneously? Could I add delay on one channel and have a dry and wet signal? Does playing both channels make the amp sound x2 loud? Sorry for the stupid questions.

steve

8. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

here's a crazy trick that has nothing to do with the launch pad: jump the channels together on your fender reverb amp, set them to have the same volume, and then turn the tremolo on! when the 2 channels are at the exact same volume, you get maximum cancellation (because they're reverse-phased from each other), but as the tremolo channel swings from being louder to softer, the phase shifts around, creating a cool, almost univibe sort of sound.

9. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

You dont really get the wet dry thing as its all coming out of the same speaker... but you could in essence have delay going into one channel and the other dry... dont know how it would sound...
    definitely not twice as loud still goes thru the same output section...

I tried it and it's a good way of fattening up your sound, with my vibroverb it was almost dumbly... it will never be a replacement for an ODS though... it can get a little muddy, i didnt really fiddle with it that much, i think that if you really sat down and played around with it it could be quite good, it also allows you to combine the pre amp tubes of the channels to get benefits of both... you probably need to play around with the pre tubes to get the best sound...

I've since had a "equal weighting" mod done on my vibroverb which essentially does the same thing, and you can still use the vibrato channel on its own...

10. jjones

jjones Member

I run both outs to my deluxe and love it. You get a much thicker fuller tone and it tames the high shrill somewhat cause your adding channel 1. I run the neg out to channel 2 so when i switch the pedal off i have no reverb. This eliminates the funky fender footswitch (i run a fulltone trem). Best thing to do is try it yourself and see if you like it. For me it rules

:RoCkIn