• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Does delay sound good with a tweed Deluxe amp?

jpervin

Supporting Member
...for a slapback echo rockabilly kinda thing.

If so, what delay pedal would you recommend?

hbentley

what price range are you trying to stay in? are there any important features, or are you strictly after a good slapback sound?

jpervin

Supporting Member
what price range are you trying to stay in? are there any important features, or are you strictly after a good slapback sound?
Would like to try and stay in the $75+/- range. I'm not adverse at all to buying a used pedal.

Don't need nuthin' fancy...just good ol' '50s Sun Records-type slapback.

WahmBoomAh

World Crass Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I love the DE7 by ibanez ... used for 35 bucks ....I have it in a loop so I never checked out the buffer ... but the echo setting is as good as it gets for me if you want tradition echo type sounds

DOD FX90 You can get them used for 40.00-50.00. The nicer one is the DOD 585-A white box uses two 9 volt batteries or 18 volt power supply. There perfect for slap in a tweed deluxe. A real bargin in analog delays.

erksin

I wouldn't get hung up on the true bypass part...

For under $100 the best analog delay for slapback stuff I've come across is the Arion SAD-1.

Brian setzer uses a Fulltone TTE but if you don't feel like dropping the money. A Boss Dm-2 excellent for slapback rockabilly. Plus the boss buffers will help keep your tone nice and spanky!!