Does Every Good Guitarist own a Strat?

phillyred79

Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The truly good guitarist owns a telecaster. I didn't read the previous 140+ replies so pardon me (or don't, I don't give two flying effffs or three) if someone else already said something epic and noteworthy along those lines prior to my profoundness.

orourke

Whatever inspires you.

There are plenty of fine guitarists you never see with a Strat. Josh Homme, Neil Young, Matt Bellamy just off the top of my head.

Play what you like.

JGD5150

I have a Strat, a Jimmie Vaughan sig that I picked up cheap just so I’d have one when the need arose. It’s OK. Sounds like a Strat. I’d much rather play my Tele or one of the LPs.

Bossanova

Silver Supporting Member
So I tried several Strats at the store. I almost bought a Clapton Strat. The noiseless pick-ups sounded really good. Alas, the guitar was too heavy for me. I guess I'm just not good enough. The shoe don't fit. Oh well. Strats in general sound thin and noisey to me.
Nah. It’s not you, it’s the strat.

phillyred79

Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
During my formative years as teenager filled with angst and semen, playing a single-coil guitar helped me become a better/cleaner/more articulate player because the notes sounded harsh and thin to my ears when played poorly. Same thing happened when I started playing through a tube amp. Nowadays I'm the best guitar player in the 10th grade that I remember, or I choose to remember.

JaiRamana

Some are born with the Strat gene. Others are not. It's the luck of the draw. Either way is fine.

Now if you're born with the BC Rich Bitch gene, that's a problem.

jrjones

Supporting Member
If they do then I’m no good. It’s the guitar I always want to love. But I never do. I’ve owned some really nice ones but always end up getting rid of them for something with humbuckers.

jwguitar

So I tried several Strats at the store. I almost bought a Clapton Strat. The noiseless pick-ups sounded really good. Alas, the guitar was too heavy for me. I guess I'm just not good enough. The shoe don't fit. Oh well. Strats in general sound thin and noisey to me.
I think they sound thin to me as well. Its not the tool for the job in my case. I play jazz guitar and like a solid guitar (because it sustains better) with humbuckers. What works for some doesn't work for others.

WWLaidback

I think they sound thin to me as well. Its not the tool for the job in my case. I play jazz guitar and like a solid guitar (because it sustains better) with humbuckers. What works for some doesn't work for others.
Come to think of it, I don't see any jazz guitarists with a Strat as their #1 axe..

Trending Topics