Does Every Good Guitarist own a Strat?

Bossanova

Silver Supporting Member
maybe both. the boutique sound room has electrical issues. The Clapton strat is the only one that came clean. I even put down a Suhr after 5 seconds.
If it was heavy, electrical issues don’t matter. I dig teles and SGs/335s, it’s what fits.

LJOHNS

I use to own a MIJ 62’ reissue. I modded it some but never loved the vintage radius and it was heavy. Sold it. Been missing the tone for a few years but couldn’t find one with the specs I wanted. So I ordered a 60’s road worn sunburst body and a Robert Cray neck. I will take it in for a proper set up. Total weight on this one should be a light 7 lbs. Cant wait.

WWLaidback

I think they sound thin to me as well. Its not the tool for the job in my case. I play jazz guitar and like a solid guitar (because it sustains better) with humbuckers. What works for some doesn't work for others.
Hey JW, or anybody else, is it just me or is a Strat out of place on Room 335? The gal is talented, but a Strat for this song named after a Gibson ES 335? Maybe it's meh....

Compare that to the real deal:

Last edited:

c7sus

I love my Strat. Plays like buttah and sounds like a million bucks.

I want a 52RI Tele but I just paid my dentist half a Tele this week, and I'm gonna owe him the other half before the end of the year.

Cie la vie!

Laurence

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know about the first question (does every good guitarist own a Strat?), but a person can make a Strat sound fat with a bit of work and gear. I like both of these versions. The Strat version has a different transient attack, but is still fat enough to make it work.

Lee used to be a client of my wife.

Hey JW, or anybody else, is it just me or is a Strat out of place on Room 335? The gal is talented, but a Strat for this song named after a Gibson ES 335? Maybe it's meh....

jwguitar

I don’t mind what kind of guitar she played! She did a heck of a job playing over that song! That’s really the only thing that matters.

WWLaidback

I don't know about the first question (does every good guitarist own a Strat?), but a person can make a Strat sound fat with a bit of work and gear. I like both of these versions. The Strat version has a different transient attack, but is still fat enough to make it work.

Lee used to be a client of my wife.
Lee is awesome. It seems the Strat required about 3 times more notes to make it work. Am I missing something?

Trending Topics