Does Fender still make the Custom Shop Esprit/Ultra?

Desert Blues

Thanks. I did like the thickness of the tone with the humbuckers, actually went with the coil tap to have the option of a thinner sound for rhythm. I see all of the Robben Ford models were Mahogany bodies, are the Esprit Elite and Ultra bodies Mahogany or Alder?
I think they are alder - i used to own a Japanese RF guitar - and that was alder and spruce - great sound aand really toneful

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a Fessler Masterbuilt made. Please PM me with an approximate cost of one of these.

I think I want maple top, but if you have strong opinions on spruce, let me know!

GAT

Here is a picture of the Greg Fessler Masterbuilt Esprit that I have. Amazing guitar!!! Never played anything quite like it!! This guitar and my Bludo Ojai Special are the proverbial tonal match in heaven!!

:)
Is yours Spruce?

GAT

BTW, I put an ad in the Emporium that I'm looking for a Esprit/R. Ford guitar, if any of you want to move one of these!

Desert Blues

best thing to is keep checking on Ebay - have you thought about an Elite? - Solid maple no chambers (like a Les Paul) a bit of a thicker tone than the Esprit.

GAT

I think I want more of a chambered one. I have the Les Paul thing covered.

brain21

glaswerks

Oh man! I wish I had the spare cash for that! $650 is a steal for that guitar!!!!

Take a close look at it, for the price it should have been gone weeks ago. I think it has something to do with the bridge and tailpiece that doesn't look quite right. May have the Kahler installed, I can't tell.

Here is one I picked off of Ebay about a month ago. Paid quite a bit more than the $650 they are asking.

brain21

Pics are gone from the site now. Looks like someone moved the pic and didn't update the HTML

otaypanky

Play it like you mean it ~
I picked up this Elite Flame a few weeks ago. It's a real nice instrument, plays well, and sounds good. But I'd like to ask any of you folks that have one about how you have them set up regarding pick ups, wiring, etc..
I realize this is a tough one, trying to get the open airy quality out of a humbucker is tough enough. But trying to get that and still have a good single coil sound, and the complication of the TBX wiring and I'm really at a loss.
I've tried experimenting quite a bit with pickup height adjustment but I'm not getting anywhere.
I have the stock pups and controls with the TBX. I'd like to keep the tone pots on the detent. At that setting, the single coils sound good but the bucker setting is really dark.
If I bump a tone pot off the detent and into the TBX range it starts getting real bright right away, and anything below the detent is pretty useless. Rolling the volume down a bit from 10 on either single coil or humbucker settings and the highs just fly out the window and things sound really muddy.

Trending Topics