• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Does Gibson Finish All Electrics With Nitro?

hardys

Just wondering is Gibson uses nitro finishes on all of it's electrics. I read somebody's review of a new Les Paul Traditional and they disliked the high gloss, plastic finish. I thought all of their guitars were nitro. Maybe this guy thinks nitro feels like plastic? :dunno

daddyo

As far as I know, yes. I've never held a Gibson that had a "plastic" finish. I've seen sticky ones, perfect shiny, perfect dull, ones with orange peel and ones finished like a deck rail but never plastic like a polyester guitar.

billstets

yes, all nitro as far as I know, but there are many threads on this and people say they use "plastcizers" in the nitro used in the modern era.

Trending Topics