1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

does planet wave solderless cable come in different thicknesses....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by semi-hollowbody, May 20, 2011.

1. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

and if so is there any benifit to thicker cable...for pedalboards only

I have a bunch of the planet wave solderless cable kits...all right angle plugs...i ordered a bunch of straight plugs on line, got them today and they look like they go with thinner cable,,,

they say "use with 3/16 cable only" yet i cant find details on the cable that comes in the kits...

if these plugs are too small, i will probably order the smaller cable as long as it makes little or no difference in tone

2. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

3. benderman

benderman Member

To my knowledge just one thickness for the pedalboard kits.

4. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

well...i removed one of the plugs from the package and it definitely does not fit on the cable I have (cable that came with the solderless cable kit for pedals)

It is a 1/4 plug...nothing on planet waves website spells out different cable thickness...wtf???do I need to cram the plug onto the cable??