• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

does REAPER have it's own drums.....

Vishnu

oh...what do guys do then? i thought it was self contained like sonar x1 producer or something.. where would i get all my pro sounds then of bass keyboards and drums to input into reaper?

Vishnu

if reaper dont do it all is there an alternative bang for the buck that does?

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
You use plug ins for soft instruments, grab your loops from somewhere else. It handles MIDI or audio tracks.

Vishnu

You use plug ins for soft instruments, grab your loops from somewhere else. It handles MIDI or audio tracks.
am i right in thinking the more expensive progs have the bass drums and keyboards accessible within the prog itself?

chronowarp

am i right in thinking the more expensive progs have the bass drums and keyboards accessible within the prog itself?
Most of the good drum software is a VST plugin...like BFD, Ez Dummer, Drum Superior, etc...all VST plugins that you need to place on a track.

Vishnu

Most of the good drum software is a VST plugin...like BFD, Ez Dummer, Drum Superior, etc...all VST plugins that you need to place on a track.

these plugins that you talk of i am trying to find out....are already part of,contained within, the more expensive progs?

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
Sonar Producer does come with its own drums.

But it's 400 bucks vs Reaper which is like 40 bucks plus EZ Drummer which you can find for 70 bucks on a good day.

When you use VSTs, they're accessible within the software you are using. It's not like you have to open a separate program.

Vishnu

Sonar Producer does come with its own drums.

But it's 400 bucks vs Reaper which is like 40 bucks plus EZ Drummer which you can find for 70 bucks on a good day.

When you use VSTs, they're accessible within the software you are using. It's not like you have to open a separate program.
if ezdrummer takes care of the drums what are the folks using for bass and keyboards?

chronowarp

if ezdrummer takes care of the drums what are the folks using for bass and keyboards?
All that's happening is that you have a MIDI track with a VST plugin on it. IF it's a keyboard track...you may just have a synth VST (Reaper does have a native one). Same for the drums...you'd have a MIDI track - each note on a MIDI grid correlates to a drum instrument in the VST.

More expensive stuff may come with a package deal where they include some software to use with the program, but it's typically the case that the better working VSTS are totally separate.

IF you want to try some out with Reaper just find a torrent for something like EZ Drummer or Addictive Drums.

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
For bass I use and actual, real bass.

For keyboards, I've collected some VST's over the years which are either cheap or free. mellowsound for Mellotron, MiniMogue for Moog, MrRay73 for rhodes, ORGANized_trio for B3

Trending Topics

Top Bottom