Does such a delay exist????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mangoman, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mangoman

mangoman Gold Supporting Member

Looking for a solid delay pedal. I've currently got an empress VMSD that I really like EXCEPT for the size and the wall wart.

I've owned a nova delay and repeater, which are nice too. Just looking to downsize a bit.

Presets are nice. I don't need 10 of them though. If I am honest I use 2 or 3 currently and then just adjust on the fly.

I prefer the analog tone over digital but appreciate what digital does, especially if I can control the tone a bit.

What should I be looking at? Smaller footprint, a couple presets and works with my pedal power2?

2. empressTIM

empressTIM Member

Check out the Providence delay. Never used one, but it seems to fit all your demands.

FWIW, I run my VMSD off my PP2+ using a tip-negative cable I bought from Voodoo Labs...Works great!

3. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Strymon Brig? Preset and manual setting.

DD20 - 4 presets

4. minjason

minjason Member

While I am an avid Timeline user now, for your needs, I would highly recommend the Boss DD-20. Not a small footprint delay by any means, but I still have yet to find a delay at its price point that can do what it does better. 4 presets, SUPER easy to dial in, great for live use, can be powered with a PP2+, and features excellent tape/analog tones.

5. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Exactly what I was thinking, I love my Providence Chrono delay. It is digital, but the hardness control allows a lot of flexibility on tone,

6. 10strings

10strings Member